Insert 8

Nqubekho
" is this what you looking for?"
I raised the connector of the panic button. I watched him panic for real now.
Me: Have a seat
He sat down and I looked at him.
Me: am not here to cause any troubles but I have a young girl with me, who has spent 19 years of her life in a basement and you my friend are a connector to all of this.

Nkosi
I dont know if I heard him properly but did he say a young girl.
Me: Imolathile?
I heard myself whisper.
Me: You have imolathile?

Nqubekho
In disbelief he had tears in his eyes as he said her real unusual name.
Me: is that her name?

Nkosi
I was shaking with relief if he has her that means she safe and the search for her will be over. He handed me a glass of water and I drank it.
Nqubekho: Explain from the beginning!
Me: 20 years ago i was investigating the crimes and am sure you know them. Anyways a young woman by the name Nkosazana, she was remarkable in the investigation field and she found the culprit and things went sour which resulted in her, her friends and husband to fake they deaths and move out of the country for they good. But the nephew of the guy we were chasing wanted revenge that when her daughter was born he took her. And we have been looking for him the past 19 years.
He kept quiet for a while and my heart pounding.
Nqubekho: Okay, now tell me the unedited version of what really happened.
I looked at him and saw there was no winning in this so I told him the whole truth. From the guys being gangsters in suits to the cover up and to the child missing. I told him everything so that he can give us Imo and end the pain and our suffering. When done I looked at him.
Nqubekho: Call her family tell them, they daughter is with me and call me when they here.
He was about to leave when I stopped him.
Me: are you running an investigation?
Nqubekho: No
Me: Than why did you want the file?
He kept quiet for some time than looked at me.
Nqubekho: Goodnight Sbonelo Nkosi.
He placed the connector on the counter and opened the door leaving as I stood there shaking. After sometime I took my phone.

Phila
I was packing getting ready to leave when Nkosi called.
Me: Sho
Nkosi: Are you with Nkosazana?
Me: Yes
Nkosi: Put me on speaker.
I did as he said with my wife looking at me confused.
Nkosi: I found her!!!
His voice was shaking and i watched my wife get tears in her eyes as she looked at me. I slowly sat down and we held each other and we cried. This time around it was tears of joy. Tears of knowing that she is alive and well. Tears of knowing that in a few hours we might see our daughter and hold her, kiss her and feel her around us. Tears of knowing that all the sleepless nights are about to end. We cried and let out all the pain from the past years hoping she welcomes us
Nkosazana: what if this is a trap? What if Scelo is working with him.
This is the time I tell her.
Me: I killed him.
Nkosazana: who?
Me: Scelo. I lost it and killed him.
Nkosazana: When?
Me: few weeks ago
Nkosazana: the day you came home defeated?
Me: Yes
Nkosazana: Did he suffer?
Me: yes
Nkosazana: Than thank you
She held me tight for sometime.
Me: we have to tell the boys
Nkosazana: we have to take them with.
Me: Okay
Nkosazana: Ill call mom
Me: No its okay, ill arrange a home for us to get into. Let me tell the guys. I got up and looked at her.
" Thank you"
Nkosazana: For
Me: Never giving up on us even on days that I was allowing my grief to consume me but you stood there with me through all the ups and the downs. So thank you. Thank you for loving all of me and for the beautiful children you have gifted me with.
She wiped a tear.
Nkosazana: Thank you for putting our kids first all the time.
I walked out of our room feeling light and stood Imo baby room for the first time in 19 years.
" you waited for me"
I wiped my tears and kneeled on my knees for the first time since my parents death and prayed. I prayed for my family. I prayed for his mercy and for his deliverance of 19 years of torture.

Nkosazana
I heard his voice and walked closer to see him in her room for the first as he prayed and I kneeled with him as he prayed with tears streaming down my face....