010. dean's year is up

Start from the beginning

"Okay, fine. She's a liar. She's still got that knife."

"Dean." Bobby tries.

"For all we know, she works for Lilith." Dean says.

"Then give me another option, Dean. I mean, tell me what else." Sam says.

"Sam's right." Bobby says, Larissa nodding in agreement.

"No! Damn it!" Dean bellows. The four look between each other for a few seconds. "Just no." Dean says in a calmer tone. "We are not gonna make the same mistakes all over again. You guys wanna save me, find something else."

They watch him walk back to the table and sit down. Bobby grabs his jacket.

"Where are you going, Bobby?" Sam asks.

"I guess to... find something else." Bobby says. "Rissa?"

"Yeah." She nods, following after the older man. She offers Sam her best attempt at a comforting smile before she leaves.

+++

Dean and Sam get in the Impala, Dean trying to start it, even though it won't.

"Where do you think you're going?" Bobby asks. Dean looks at him and sees the distributor cap in his hand. The brothers get out of the Impala.

"We got the knife." Dean states.

"And you intend to use it without me?" Bobby asks. "Do I look like a ditchable prom date to you?"

"No, Bobby. Of course not." Sam says.

"This is about me and Sam. Okay? This isn't your fight. Or hers." Dean says.

"The hell it isn't!" Bobby shouts in Dean's face. "Family don't end in blood, boy. Besides, you need me, and probably her."

"Bobby." Dean says.

"You're playing wounded." Bobby states. "Tell me, how many hallucinations have you had so far?" Sam looks at his brother in confusion.

"How'd you know?" Dean asks.

"Because that's what happens when you've got hellhounds on your butt. And because I'm smart." Bobby says. He hands Dean the distributor cap. "I'll follow. Come on, Rissa." They start to walk to his vehicle until Bobby turns back to the boys. "Don't be stopping to pee every ten minutes either."

+++

Bobby pulls to the side of the road as the Impala is pulled over with a police car behind it and the brothers and a cop are outside, Dean killing the cop.

"What the hell happened?" Bobby asks.

"Dean just killed a demon." Sam informs. "How'd you know?" He asks Dean.

"I just knew." Dean says, breathing heavily. "I could see its face. Its real face under that one."

~ ~ ~

Sam and Dean push the police car into the trees to get it out of plain sight.

"So, what, now you're seeing demons?" Sam asks.

"I've seen all kinds of things lately, but... nothing like this." Dean says.

"Actually, it's not that crazy." Bobby says.

"How's it not that crazy?" Dean asks.

"Well, you've got just over five hours to go? You're piercing the veil, Dean. You're glimpsing the B side." Bobby says.

"A little less new age-y , please." Dean says.

"You're almost hell's bitch. So, you can see hell's other bitches." Bobby explains again.