warmth in the cold ~ Shu x Daigo

OH EM GEE USER @stariine UPDATED HER ONESHOT BOOK AFTER 101828167 YEARS JUST TO SPREAD THE SHUDAIGO AGENDA??? CRAZY FR 🤭

----

"...Should we go back for the rest?" Daigo asks, trembling slightly from the frigid atmosphere.

Though Daigo and Shu are supposedly the most mature ones out of the Beyclub, they've ditched everyone else in favour of reaching the snowy moutain's summit quicker, but what he's concerned about is the fact that Wakiya looked 5 seconds away from bashing everyone's skulls to bits with a rock.

Daigo isn't sure what to feel, because one, ditching everyone else means it's just him and Shu. And well, it's Shu Kurenai. And two, the Beyclub might get themselves killed.

"They'll be... fine," Shu pauses and then quickly adds, "I hope."

His statement isn't very convincing, but hey, Daigo will take it.

"Alright," he replies, and they walk on silently towards the top of the mountain as another breeze of icy wind comes.

The silence is awkward and unusual, because Valt, Rantaro and Wakiya's constant bickering are normally there to fill it.

But now, it's just them two- Shu and Daigo.

Daigo attempts to break the silence but can't think of anything engaging to say another than, well, beyblade. Which doesn't seem to be the right topic for climbing a mountain.

(He eventually has to admit that conversation without words is impossible and that he just really isn't like Valt or Rantaro.)

Snow crunches beneath Shu's boots as he quickens his steps and Daigo follows.

When he catches up, his gaze is placed upon the mountain summit's view of the sprawling city, a multitude of blue, green and grey.

"Wow," Daigo breathes, mist clouding his vision as he speaks.

"Isn't it pretty?" Shu asks, snapping Daigo out of his stupor.

Daigo nods his head in agreement. "Yes," he says, before they fall back into silence, only this time it's far more comfortable.

(Daigo doesn't feel quite so cold anymore.)

----

shudaigo is underrated as HELL.

hope you enjoyed this after my 420 years of hiatus 😍🙏