New Start ~ Lui x Shu

Requested by buffandbri

----

  Shu and Lui knew they were skating on thin ice when they decided to make up. Yeah sure, they made up but... things could go south anytime. After all, they still weren't friends, they just... forgot about the past.

  While the two were happy with their current relationship, some appeared to be... ecstatic.

"You made up! Yay!" Valt jumped up and down in excitement, punching the air as if he won a Beyblade tournament.

  "It's not that much of a deal, Valt," Shu sighed.

  "Well, both of you aren't at war anymore! Isn't that good?" Valt giggled. "I'm sure you'll become great friends!"

  "No," Shu then walked off, a slight expression of annoyance on his face.

  "Aah- SHU!"

----

  "Why do I have to be with him?" Lui growled, glaring at Valt.

  "I'm training with Honcho today! And haven't you made up with Shu?" Valt said.

  Lui rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Tch. Let's just get this over with."

  Shu stared at the White Tyrant approaching him, something about the way the latter walked towards him so regal.

  "What are you staring at?" Lui pulled out his launcher, readying himself.

  "...Nothing," Shu replied, getting out his own launcher. He got himself ready as he eyed Lui's stance. Who knows when Lui would play a dirty trick? After all, this was the guy who gave Shu his famous scar.

  Lui observed Shu, whom he had not seen in a while. The latter seemed to have changed a lot in appearance.

They both had determined looks to finish each other with a clean burst finish, to show the other how much better they were.

---- (idk how to write these scenes im sorry :'))

  Shu loses, Spriggan sent flying out of the stadium. And well, right at Shu's face.

  "Hey-" Lui yelled, trying to get Shu to react.

  The albino dodges and his bey hits the wall behind him.

  "I uh- thank you," Shu picked up his bey and looks at Lui awkwardly.

  "You've got to work on your reaction time, Kurenai," Lui smirked.

  "Whatever,"

----

  Nor Shu or Lui can really say how their friendship came to be. It just kind of... happened.

  Shu's guess was because Lui (kind of) apologised for being the cause of him scar. Well, that only happened after Shu started overworking himself and the apology was rather hard to come out of Lui but it was all fine.

  Shu was exposed to Lui's 'kinder' side which made him feel as if he weren't talking to Lui at all. Kind of like Valt hurting someone.

  New starts were nice. And the one he had with Lui was no exception. But lately... it was kind of something new. A new feeling.

  Like the time when Zac had invited them and Xander to his mansion, he almost felt warm whenever it was just him and Lui. Shu didn't know whatever that was.

  Sure, they had gone through a lot together but no way was Shu actually falling for Lui, right? Heck, it even surprised Zac.

  "You better not push your bey that hard," Shu said.

  "Well Shooting star, never would I have dreamed of the day where you cared for Lui!" Zac exclaimed.

  Shu flushed. "I do not!"

----

Shu guessed he really did.

A new start, huh...

____

ALRIGHT I CAN'T WRITE ROMANCE- I'M SO SORRY- 😭