because he is shu kurenai

no caps in the title was on purpose!

shu angst? yay

my (angsty) take on shu

some subtle shu x valt as well

also im back

uh

enjoy

TW: implied death

----

Shu stares at Valt from a distance, observing him beyblade, with that familiar grin on his face, as he battles Toko.

He secretly envies Valt for becoming the Champion instead of him, Shu Kurenai who had worked so hard to become the Champion, going as far to getting stupidly manipulated into falling into a trap, but falling short by just a little bit.

He's upset that his bey, meticulously trained, his own skills perfected, Shu always trying to go beyond his limit, loses to Valt. Valt, who seems to never take Beyblade seriously, who goofs off whenever he can, who takes the easy way out most of the time.

Shu hates to admit that he's weaker, despite his training.

Sometimes, he wants hug Valt tightly, say how proud he is of him, how he would congratulate Valt for reaching his goal.

Other times, Shu just wants to slap him in the face, shout insults at Valt, tell him that he doesn't deserve his victory.

But he does none of them.

Shu gracefully accepts his defeat, and offers that rare smile that Valt only sees, because he is Shu Kurenai, calm and collected.

He musn't throw a tantrum just because of what he thinks like an angry child, and he musn't appear too excitable, because he is Shu Kurenai, a boy who is withdrawn and keeps a neutral face.

-

Valt has left for a different town for a bit, and Shu imagines him to be surrounded by the media, who will wonder what the young Beyblade Champion is doing there.

Their eyes will sparkle, and they'll ask questions, a clear tone of eagerness ringing in their voice, a tone that most will find annoying.

But not Valt.

He, the accepting boy he is will give them his stupid but lovable grin, and he'll pull out his bey to show to everyone.

The media will crowd around Valt, and all clamour, requesting for him to launch his beyblade for them to record.

And Valt, who does not know of the word 'priorities' will grin again and launch his beyblade, and the media will shout in glee.

Shu wants that.

Whatever he imagined Valt to have.

He wants that bad.

Yes, he is happy for Valt, he is happy that his best friend experiences cheerful moments but...

He wants to be as carefree as Valt, to not care for anything, with his one and only priority being 'having fun'.

Shu keeps his emotions locked behind his expression of neutrality, an expression that doesn't exactly scream 'I need help'.

He wants to smile amongst a crowd, their attention on him. Shu wants them to notice his efforts, he wants to be validated, told that they're proud of him, and he did well.

But no one does that.

No one seems to care, because he is Shu Kurenai, that guy who doesn't need validation, he looks fine and that should settle it, right?. In fact, there's nothing to care about him. He's not interesting or cool or anything, because he is Shu Kurenai, a simple and plain boy.

And besides-

He's just second place.

No one cares about second place, they just care about the first, maybe even the third, and they'll say that there's no need to be modest and that they were amazing.

Truthfully, Shu would hate to admit that he is in constant need of validation, to be told time and time again that they are proud of him, and no matter how hard he fails, they'll always be proud.

Sure, there's the beyclub, and they are happy for his win but never seem to tell him that he did well.

Because he is Shu Kurenai, easy wins are expected from such a prodigy, right?

The way Shu clings on to a title that will eventually fade away makes himself cringe, but yet he does it, silently though, no one can know or notice, because he is Shu Kurenai, and he is not expected to cling onto titles meaninglessly.

Sometimes, he wonders if he really IS glad that Valt dragged him out of the darkness. Perhaps it would be better there, where he wouldn't need validation where he wouldn't care what anyone said about him, power the only thing on his mind.

In times of uncertainty, he does not has his voice unsteady, he has his voice calm amidst the calamity- sometimes confident even- because he is Shu Kurenai, confident and stays focused under pressure.

He hides his desperation and want for help, because he is Shu Kurenai, and cannot let anyone know, he cannot let anyone think that he is weak, and not like how they imagined him to be.

Sometimes he wants to cry, but he doesn't want to either.

As his parents had told him, "You're our brave little boy."

Spryzen didn't mean much until they were gone, and know it meant the world to him.

(It reminded him of the warm hugs, movie nights from this singular crimson gift from them)

I hope I made them proud, Shu would think every night in his parent's room, clutching the bey in his hand.

-

Because he is Shu Kurenai, calm, collected and confident, and never disappoints.

----

YOOO LONGEST DRABBLE I'VE EVER WRITTEN :D

yes, i have one more request to do-

i'll get to do that soon

but pHeW this drabble-

longggg