Red String ~ Fem!Valt x Shu

SO this story is from my beyblade ship oneshots but i deleted it bc i probably should just post my drabbles here lmao

anyways this was requested by KaoruKenzaki555!

enjoy :)

----

  Red strings connects every pair of soulmates together, and they can stretch across the world just to connect you and your soulmate.

  The string cannot be cut, no matter what you were using to cut it. It cannot be taken off your hand or finger. The string only disappeared when you had found your soulmate.

  Although every person had a red string tied tied around their hand, they were invisible to everyone but you and your soulmates.

  The string appears at age eleven, and stays until you find your soulmate.

  Some people are lucky- they may meet their mate of fate at the mere age of five. Some people are unlucky- their soulmate may die or they may never find them.

  Shu supposed he was in the unlucky chunk of the world. Most of his peers had already met their soulmates, just not quite ready to date.

  The red string clung onto his finger, a little ribbon around the knot.

   It was almost like a pest of some sort- or even a taunt. Shu could practically hear it chanting something along the lines of "You'll never find your soulmate!"

  He supposed he would have to deal with it.

----

  Shu wasn't desperate to find his soulmate- he didn't really care whether they found him or not.

  It still nagged him though, always at the back of his head. He wanted to just forget about it- he had better things to do anyway. How 'lucky' he was to have a red string right on his hand to remind him everyday.

  For Shu Kurenai to have not found his soulmate yet seemed to have excited some particular chunk of his fans.

  (It didn't really thrill him though, a swarm of his fans trailing wherever he went just to see if they were his soulmate wasn't really a pleasant experience.)

  Luckily Shu wasn't the only one in his 'I haven't found my soulmate and this red string is annoying me' predicament- his best friend Valt- or Val, Shu's nickname for her- apparently hadn't found her soulmate.

  It surprised him a little- Shu knew Valt to be a complete extrovert and was practically friends with everyone she met, unlike Shu who was more closed-off.

  Shu had toyed with idea that Valt was his soulmate, but knew that probably wasn't the case. They were friends and nothing more.

  Though, he still wanted to test out that theory.

----

  "So Shu, you still haven't found your soulmate?" Valt asked over the phone.

  The way she said 'still' made Shu think she had already found her soulmate.

  "I haven't. Why? Have you already found yours?"

  "Nah. I met this guy named Free though! He's like, THE Beyblade world champion. How awesome is that? He isn't my soulmate though, he already found his," Valt rambled on and on, and Shu decided to go straight to the point.

  He took a deep breath. "Val, what if we're soulmates?"

  Valt was silent for some time, and wasn't necessarily unusual. She tended to not say anything when she was shocked or surprised.

  Shu never really cared about the soulmate thing, so Valt seemed to be taken aback by that.

  "Uh... maybe? I did go to Spain before you turned eleven.." Valt said.

  "Do you want to meet up in a few days? Even if it turns out that we're not soulmates it'll still be nice to see each other," The white-haired male thought that the small sparks of hope he was feeling felt a little out of place for him- why did he care so much when it came to Valt?

  "Okay."

----

  Valt arrived at his door, and Shu thought she looked a little different.

  Though her eyes carried the same passion and fire just like in the previous months, her hair was slightly longer and she seemed to have changed her style a little.

  Smiling, Shu walked over and opened the door.

  "Shu!" Valt exclaimed, tackling him and pulling him into a warm embrace.

  It was great to see that no amount of hard training could change Valt. "Hi Val."

  "It's great to see you, you've got to tell me about- OH MY GOD," She suddenly squealed, and while Valt did that a lot, this squeal sounded louder.

  "What is it? Also, control your volume," Shu placed two hands over his ears.

  "Look at your finger you idiot! My string is gone!" Valt hissed, clutching her wrist.

  Oh. So they were soulmates.

  Valt's frown broke into a wide grin. "You know what that means! We're soulmates!"

  "Yeah, we are..." A deep blush crept onto the albino's face. He hadn't really thought that the thought he toyed with would be real.

  The bluenette let her own words sink in. "Oh. Um. We're soulmates."

  It was awkward for them to be so flustered around each other, since there never had been anything romantic between them.

  Shu brushed a stray strand of hair away from Valt's cheek. He never found any reason to touch her face before until then.

  "W-what's a good thing to say when you find your soulmate?" Valt was dense most of the time, but Shu guessed that she realised that anything platonic about them was gone, and would be a highly probable couple in the future.

  Shu's heart beated hard against his ribcage and a pink blush dusted his cheeks as he picked his words carefully, lacing his fingers with Valt's.

  "I love you."

  ----

ive never really written romance so

i hope it was good