two years ~ Valt Aoi

hi so i like angst AND fluff

ANYWAYS this has shu x valt as well-

heavily inspired by 'after nationals' by meringue on AO3 :)

college au

takes place two years after sparking

enjoy!

----

Two years felt like two days.

It felt like two days when Valt last felt the adrenaline coursing through his body as he launched Valtryek into the stadium.

Five years since he won the Beyblade World Cup.

And five years since he saw Shu's defeated expression.

-

The sight of Shu's face as he lay down on the floor had been burned into his memory, and Valt still remembered it vividly.

He wasn't blind- he could see a tear run down Shu's cheek.

When Valt went to pick him up, Shu's crimson eyes seemed to have lost their intensity, and the shade of red looked a little lighter, a little subdued.

At the time, he had thought nothing of it, thinking that it just meant that Shu was truly freed from Spryzen.

He didn't realise that when Shu lost, he locked something away in his heart.

-

"Mr Aoi, your grades are dropping tremendously- you need to improve."

Tears brimmed in Valt's eyes, clouding his vision. He didn't want to hear the truth of anything.

Had this been two years ago, he would have just grinned and shook it off like it was nothing like the happy-go-lucky guy he was.

Two years made a big difference.

-

Valt had practically begged Shu to rethink his decisions when the albino had announced that he was quitting beyblade all together, as well as his role of the manager of the Raging Bulls.

Shu didn't listen.

"Valt, I'm too old for beyblade now. I have other things to focus on- like school, and getting a job."

-

Valt remembered going to the airport to return to Japan.

Shu and Valt locked eyes and they stayed like that for a while.

(Valt found it somewhat comforting, gazing at Shu's crimson eyes)

"Bye Valt. Have a safe trip back."

Shu promised to contact Valt everyday, no matter how busy he was.

Though no matter what, Valt would always miss hearing Shu's voice.

Two years since he last heard Shu's voice.

-

His trophy and beyblade were under a layer of dust, collected over the years.

Valt had shoved them deep beneath his messy pile of clothes that he didn't bother to clean up, wanting to forget about beyblade entirely.

He didn't know what to do with himself anymore.

The bluenette stared at his phone, reading his past conversations with Shu, hoping that his best friend might just text him.

Shu was busy, he knew, but couldn't he have texted Valt at least once in a while?