My hands itched to do her hair. She had pulled them into a messy bun. She would be surprised to know that I know how to do braids. My father had hated my unruly hair and ordered me to have a shaved head till I turned 12. The act piqued my interest in growing them long after I became a soldier.

I quickly pulled my hand back, hovering over her bun, when she cleared her throat. I had to stifle a smile. She was raised with such luxury, only a yacht could make her tip a smile my way. She needed to be cherished with small personal touches, thoughtful ones. Not looking my way, she crossed her arms over her chest, doing the drama to act cold again. She lifted her chin at my abandoned protein shake on the table.

"Why didn't you o-offer me that." She asked brattily in her attempt to drive my attention from the fact that she had liked the interior of our room.

"It's milk and you are lactose intolerant. If you take pre-workout drinks... I'll make one for you. What would you prefer? Almond milk or soy." I say nonchalantly, pushing my hands in my pockets leaning over to speak near her ear. Actually finding it good that I'm getting to know her in person. But Gaia didn't want to play.

"Freedom. I would prefer freedom." She snapped at me, tossing me a heated glare as she whirled around, almost coming nose to nose with me.

I averted my gaze, looking down, accepting the small defeat.

"All in good time, myshka." I said calmly, cursing my father for binding me in a time frame.

Gaia stormed out of the room and into the corridor like she owned the place. Which she will be. Flustered, I headed after her.

"You don't even know where my gym is." I call after her, pulling my hair in annoyance. Gaia pivoted around, giving me a murderous look she shouldn't have considering her situation. But who am I to fucking complain?

"Oh, sorry, I forgot. I am your captive. I am not allowed to stroll around." She laughed bitterly, throwing her arms in the air.

"All of it depends on you, myshka. Now. The gym is this way." I ordered, pointing in the opposite direction.

"Might as well put me on a leash." She muttered under her breath, but loud enough to reach my ears. My eyes flared in ecstasy, entertaining the idea of seeing her in leather restraints. Gaia gaped in shock, her cheek blooming red. I took pride in the fact that she didn't actually expect me to go through with such an idea, doesn't matter how exciting it may be.

"Can't get it up without having a woman chained to the ground?" she taunted, her eyes gleaming with a challenge.

"BDSM is about trusting your partner. Giving and receiving pleasure or, if they prefer pain only, myshka." I spoke slowly, running my knuckles over her cheek. Gaia's chest heaved in trepidation, regretting her remark.

"Why so calm, Dimitri. Aren't you angry?" She whispered, jutting her chin defiantly, taking a step closer to me. The move made my knuckles push a little on her soft chubby cheeks. Ignoring her calling me by another common Russian name, I also took a step closer to her, coming toe-to-toe with her.

Moving my fingers, I cup her cheek. "I think the word you are intending to speak is provocation. And no, I am not provoked. Only a weak man would when his manhood is questioned, myshka." I murmur, running my nose over her other cheek. Gaia's breath labored, her pupils dilating.

"And a strong man would not be provoked. He will just kidnap the girl and leave her on the cold floor..." Her voice broke at the end, eyes glistening with moisture. She wanted to say more but stopped herself because she didn't want me to see her tears.

What broke my black heart was the sadness and disappointment in her voice. Perhaps the same pull I feel for her drives her to expect better from me. Which makes me wonder if I had approached her like any common man, would she have given me a chance? Trusted me enough to marry me, an enemy. She would have sneaked out of her house to see me, we could have gone out on dates. Made plans to build our future together like other couples in love. But I am not a normal man and this is not a normal world we live in. I am bratva. She is a Camorrista. Perhaps she will forgive me one day and we will move on from the dark part of our life.

"I am sorry, myshka." I whispered softly, looking at her, showing sorrow and regret over my actions. Her lips parted in shock. She didn't answer me and charged towards the gym. My hand cupping her cheek dropped limply on my side. My throat formed a lump I couldn't swallow.

Sometimes, when Ruslan and I were drunk enough to do something stupid, we talked about our feelings. The alternate life where even finding a parking ticket stuck to the windshield of our car would rattle us. Ruslan would have made a decent man out of himself. But I, on the other hand. I wasn't born to do anything normal. I never could have convinced Gaia to be with me. This is my only shot with this goddess.

She turned to give me another sharp look before going inside the gym. For now, I preferred her silent treatment because I needed to calm myself. Fuck knows what I would have said and done if she had kept the conversation going. A heavy workout is all I need right now.

 A heavy workout is all I need right now

Namaste. It will be really helpful to me if you share the story link on your Conversation Board or social media. And thank you for reading. Please don't forget to VOTE ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐for the chapter and leave your COMMENTS below.

I would love it if you checked out my other stories, 'Aurora's Aura' 'Billion Dollar Wedding' 'Violet Hues' 'Becoming Romeo' & ''Mafia & Miss Honey'. The story link is on my profile