006. "what kind of psycho are you?"

Start from the beginning

"Change how?" Larissa asks.

"Oh, let's just say this used to be a town you could be proud of. People cared about each other. Andy sang in the choir, and then one day, he just... wasn't Andy anymore. It was like he was..."

"Possessed?" Sam asks.

"You could say that." Gil says. "Gambled away his money, cheated on his wife, destroyed his business. Yes, like a switch had flipped."

"Father, did you know the man who killed those folks in the hobby shop?" Sam asks.

"Sure, Tony Perkins." Gil nods.

"Tony Perkins." Sam repeats.

"Good man." Gil says.

"Would you say that his personality suddenly changed one day too?" Larissa asks.

"I never thought about it that way, but... yes. About the same time as Andy -- about two months ago." Gil says.

"Well, thank you, father. Appreciate your time." Dean says, the three leaving.

"Two months ago, we open up the devil's gate, all of a sudden this town turns into Margaritaville? It's no coincidence." Sam quietly says.

+++

The three walk through the halls of the hotel and Larissa got her room next to the brothers'. Larissa stops at her door and unlocks it. Dean walks on to his and Sam's room while Sam hovers near Larissa, waiting for her to get in.

"Just, um... let me know if you need anything. You know, since you-- since you're alone." Sam tells her.

"Okay." Larissa nods, smiling a little at his nervous expression.

"Uh... yeah." Sam quickly walks to Dean who has unlocked their room door. Larissa smiles and shuts her door, looking through her bag for normal clothes.

"Well, aren't you just adorable." Dean teases.

"Shut up." Sam punches his arm and walking into the room.

"Ow. Dude, stop hitting me." Dean whines, rubbing his shoulder.

~ ~ ~

Dean is talking to Richie while Sam unpacks his bag. There's a light knock on the door and Sam glances at it. He drops his stuff onto the bed and goes to it, opening it to reveal Larissa.

"Hey. Everything good?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, um... I just, I needed..." Larissa struggles to come up with something. "I didn't need anything, actually. I changed and am already super bored." She admits making Sam laugh.

"Then come in." Sam steps aside, opening the door wider.

"Thanks." Larissa shuffles past him and he shuts the door behind her. She stops when she spots the third guy in the room. "Hi."

"Well, hello." The guy greets in a flirty tone. "You guys got a stepsister too? Or is she free?"

"Excuse me." Larissa raises her eyebrows.

"This is Larissa, she's... a hunter friend." Dean informs. "An annoying one, but..." He shrugs and Larissa smacks him on the shoulder. "Ow. God, do you two ever stop?"

"Rissa, this is Richie. He's, uh, a friend of Dean's." Sam introduces.

"Ah. Yeah, that explains it." Larissa smiles and nods.

"Explains what?" Richie and Dean question.

"Nothing." Larissa dismisses. She turns to Sam as he resumes unpacking, hiding his amused smile by ducking his head.