Chapter 28

She entered the conference building, dressed in the white dress he had gifted her along with the invitation to his performance. She was nervously placing one step after the other, eyes searching. Finally, she found the door. Her heart was beating out of her chest. The step-in had no turning back. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her hand landed on the giant door, and it opened softly.

He was standing on the stage, in a white translucent Italian shirt and blue jeans, talking to someone. His hair was light ginger and set, she noticed. Someone approached her. "Excuse me, ma'am, this is a private event. May I check your invitation, please?" Seoyeon smiled at him and handed him her invite. He looked at it. "Please follow me, ma'am. I am here to escort you to your table." The man walked, and she followed him quietly. She was feeling uncharacteristically nervous. Each step was taking her closer to him. The man halted and pointed to a table on the side, with a placard with 'Eunhyuk' written on it. She bowed thankfully and sat. As she settled herself and looked up, she saw him standing in front of the mic on the stand, adjusting the mic to his height. His eyes were fixed on her.

He looked at her for a few seconds, then focused his attention on the mic stand

He looked at her for a few seconds, then focused his attention on the mic stand. "Umhmm, " Eunhyuk finally spoke. "Hi everyone. As you know, this is a party for my beloved friends, celebrating the anniversary of their union." Seoyeon was shocked. She didn't know that it was a party of his close friends; she had assumed that it was just a performance. But what Eunhyuk said after that stopped her heart. "So, today, I am singing a song that I wrote and composed. I hope that my voice and emotions will find their place in you," and he quickly glanced at her. Her breath was caught in her chest.

Eunhyuk looked away and gestured to someone; soft music started filling the hall. He held the mic with both his hands and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath, opened his eyes and started singing.

 He took a deep breath, opened his eyes and started singing

"

The door that was closed around 12

A dream that a six-years-old child had

The night gets longer, the moon shines bright

The tears I held back even though I wanted to hold you in my arms