Chapter 7

"Okay, guys, let's get on the bus!" Siwon was calling out at the top of his voice. Seoyeon and Renee held on to their hats and queued at the bus entrance. "Ah, I am getting roasted in this heat! How will we survive the resort?" Seoyeon whined, dabbing the sweat off her face. Renee drank a few sips of water and fanned her face with her palm. "Pool baby, pool. That's where I will be." "In the heat? To char yourself?" Seoyeon questioned. Renee's face turned redder in panic. "Oh no!" Seoyeon patted her back in consolation, "There, there, we will figure it out. It's gonna be fun!" Renee was fake crying as they climbed onto the bus.

Seoyeon and Renee took the seat at the back of the bus and settled in. The cool air from the AC gave them a sigh of relief. After catching her breath and settling, Seoyeon looked up, and saw Eunhyuk enter the bus; her eyes latched on to him. He was wearing the same red checked shirt with a black vest but with black jeans. The sun had turned his face red, and sweat dripped off his chiselled jawline.

Meanwhile, Renee was too busy taking selfies; she turned to get Seoyeon in the frame when she noticed her staring at someone. Renee looked in the direction Seoyeon was looking in and saw Eunhyuk keeping the bag in the luggage rack above. Renee looked at Eunhyuk, then at Seoyeon again, and could not control her giggles.

When she looked up again, she gasped, "Who is thaaaat?" "Huh? What? Where?" Renee facepalmed and whispered, "The one behind Eunhyuk!!" Seoyeon peeked to get a look, ''no iddddeeaaaahhh..." Eunhyuk settled in the seat, giving a clear view of the guy. He was talking to Heechul, and was surprisingly very friendly with him. Heechul then turned to the crowd and said, "guys, this is Donghae. He will be joining our team next week, so we also got him on the trip! Let's welcome him warmly." Everyone clapped, and Donghae bowed, acknowledging. "Oh, so cute!" Seoyeon looked at Renee wide-eyed. She chuckled, and Renee joined her soon enough. Seoyeon noticed Donghae sitting next to Eunhyuk, and her attention immediately went to him. She could see the back of his head from the gap; she noticed that he had streaks of silver in his raven hair. 'Wow,' she tried to get a better view when Renee pulled her shoulder. "Seoyeon, smile!" Renee and Seoyeon were smiling in the beautiful selfie.

 "Seoyeon, smile!" Renee and Seoyeon were smiling in the beautiful selfie

The bus journey was relatively uneventful and quiet. In the front seats of the bus, Leeteuk and Heechul were using the journey to catch up on their sleep. The responsible ones - Siwon, Shindong and Ryeowook were discussing arrangements, utilising the bus journey to work and have fun with others later. In the middle seats, the only awake ones were Donghae, watching a movie on his phone, and Eunhyuk, listening to music and taking in the view from the window. Seoyeon was reading a book and quietly settled in her seat. She noticed Renee wake up as she sipped on some water. "Yaaaaaawwwnnnnn..." Renee stretched her arms and opened her eyes to meet a smiling Seoyeon. "Had a nice beauty sleep?" " Yeeaahh... but now I am hungry. How far are we?" "Still half an hour out. Here, munch on these." Seoyeon handed a packet of chips to Renee. Renee happily opened the packet and ate while surfing SNS.

About half an hour later, the bus came to a halt. They were finally at their destination. It was late evening; a pleasantly cool breeze had replaced the heat at the start of their journey. "Come on, guys, we are here!" Shindong excitedly called for everyone, and slowly, people started picking up their bags and getting off the bus. Renee and Seoyeon waited for others to disembark for an easy exit. When they were the last ones left, Renee got up. "Let's go." "Yeah, you go; I will get my bag down and come." "Cool." Renee picked up her bag from under the seat and moved. Seoyeon got up and tried to pull her bag from the luggage rack. Somehow, it didn't move. She tugged on it again, but it didn't budge. She glared at it. "Okay, so this is how it's going to be, huh?" she questioned her bag. " Alright!" she threw her handbag on her seat, climbed on the other seat and started tugging on her bag all over again.

At Siwon's request, Eunhyuk climbed back onto the bus to check for luggage and people. When he entered, the sight left him dumbfounded. Seoyeon was glaring at her bag and tugging on it. As he was about to move towards her to help, she declared, "All right!" and Eunhyuk stopped in his tracks, startled. The next second, Seoyeon was throwing her handbag, standing on a seat and tugging on the bag with all her might. Eunhyuk barely controlled his laughter, 'how cute,' he thought. He cleared his throat, "Uhhmm, need some help?" Seoyeon flipped her head to the side, her hair flicking away from her shoulder to the back, bringing her shoulder and neck into Eunhyuk's view. Her white shrug had slipped a little off her shoulder and was showing the white noodle strap of her dress. The thin chain and steel hoop was adorning the side of her neck. Eunhyuk was blank. He hadn't noticed before, but Seoyeon was beautiful. Not in a typical way, but in her way. "Eunhyuk?" Seoyeon brought his mind back to reality. "Let me do it. You should get down from the seat." Seoyeon embarrassingly got down and stepped aside for him. Eunhyuk pulled on the bag, and it was out of the rack in one go. "Here you go." "Uhh... Thanks," Seoyeon couldn't get over her embarrassment. "After you!" she said to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk smiled at her and moved to the exit door. After being convinced that Eunhyuk wasn't looking or in hearing distance, she pulled her bag to her face and squeaked, "Traitor!"

Everyone was now in the reception hall of the resort. Siwon and Shindong were at the reception with Leeteuk and Heechul standing beside them, discussing something with the resort manager. Like the others, Seoyeon and Renee were standing on one side of the group, waiting for their room keys. Seoyeon was looking around the hall, observing the decorations. Tired and bored, she shifted her focus to Renee, but her sight was occupied. Renee was looking up, smiling embarrassingly and looking down, surfing through SNS. After this happened a couple of times, Seoyeon looked in the direction Renee was looking in. She saw Eunhyuk standing with Donghae, who was facing them. He was shyly glancing at Renee while talking to Eunhyuk. Seoyeon smirked and poked her friend with an elbow. Renee, startled, looked at Seoyeon. This time, it was Seoyeon's turn to grin.

After some time, Siwon and Shindong handed everyone the keys to the rooms. Every room was to be shared by two, so it was a no-brainer for Seoyeon and Renee to share one. On the other side of the hall, Eunhyuk and Doughae had also decided to share. The dinner arrangements were discussed, and with that, everyone was off for the day.