Chapter 6

Weeks passed, and life had not changed much. The sun was shining. Birds were chirping. Leeteuk and Heechul were still barking at each other. They were best friends, but sometimes, they desperately needed couples therapy. Their team was feeling the heat of the sun and of the work. Amidst all the chaos, Seoyeon and Eunhyuk stayed busy with work and didn't even lift their heads. Since it was that time of the year, everyone thought they were occupied with too much work. Seoyeon would continue to attend meetings and give presentations. Eunhyuk would work calmly at his desk and deliver results to everyone's satisfaction. Their focus was work, but in some small corner of their mind, the other person always stayed. While they didn't interact much, they were taking their chances of noticing the other one. Whenever Seoyeon came back with a coffee, she would glance at Eunhyuk. When Eunhyuk felt cramped and cracked his neck, he would check Seoyeon from the corner of his eye. Neither had said a word about what happened that day.

 Neither had said a word about what happened that day

Seoyeon was keeping herself occupied with work. In her humble opinion, work was the only thing keeping her sane in the light of day. During the day, her laser focus was on work, and she would get jobs done. At night, she would probably do what she had done since that day - be anxious, jump around or throw herself on the bed, stuff her face in the pillows, and make whining noises all by herself. Her self-embarrassment would start with 'aaaa... why did I not walk away!' and peak at 'he saw me crying, he EFFING SAW ME CRY, after knowing me for a MONTH! he must think I have screws lost'. Finally, she would start watching TV and munching on snacks until sleep caught up. She could not stop worrying about her image before him, but what was going on in Eunhyuk's mind was quite different.

Eunhyuk didn't understand what was happening between him and Seoyeon. He was recalling that day - every day. His heart had been poured out that day in that practice room - laid on the floor for anyone to see and trample on. He had been scared when he saaw her - wondering what she would think of him. But all of his apprehensions had vanished when he had seen her face. Tears were streaming down her face then, her eyes reflected the pain that he had been feeling all alone. Someone who barely knew him had talked to him for a month and could embrace his soul despite the distance. He had realised that that moment was etched in his memory, and the feeling was never going to leave him.

...Two months later...

"Alright, guys, we have finally reached the finish line!" Heechul said excitedly, standing next to Leeteuk in front, in the meeting room. Leeteuk smiled and continued, "The annual delivery is done, and we have officially closed the project successfully. Big thanks to all of you." All the members of the team in attendance clapped. "So, we have a surprise for everyone." Heechul continued, "Using the team budget, we have decided to go for a weekend-long stay at a resort!" The room was filled with cheers and claps. 'You both are the best!', 'Awesome!' and 'Fantastic!' were the words everyone could hear. Leeteuk clapped to get everyone's attention. "Okay, time for work distribution! So Siwon, please take the responsibility of logistics, as usual," Siwon smiled and bowed. "Ryeowook, you can look into food and arrangements, and Shindong will be in charge of entertainment." "Hey, what about me?" Heechul protested. "You can help me manage everything." Heechul gave a disapproving look to Leeteuk and turned to the group.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, let's prepare for some fun!"