Chapter 13

Seoyeon caught her breath, 'damn, I am late. Renee will kill me,' she thought. Seoyeon slowly opened the door and peeked inside the hall. To her relief, the dance floor was empty.

Seoyeon entered and examined the arrangements. All the chairs had been put next to the walls, leaving space in the centre of the entire hall for people to dance in. Near the back were a few tables and some snacks arranged. Feeling her stomach full from the late lunch, Seoyeon decided against it. She got herself some juice, found herself a chair on the side and settled in, looking around. There were dancing lights in the colours white and blue. A huge spotlight was moving from one wall to another, in search of someone to entertain its presence. The stage had a table set up - Seoyeon concluded was the DJ's booth. 'Renee will surely like it,' she thought as she sipped on her juice. She stared at the stage setup and her mind wandered to the annual night, and the dance - HIS dance. She wondered if she would get to see him dance like that again. The thought of a possibility raised her heartbeat by multi-folds. She took a deep breath to calm down and gulped down her juice in a go.

"Seoyeonaaa!!!!" Renee shouted to get Seoyeon's attention but successfully got the attention of all in the hall. It had been about half an hour since Seoyeon had come to the hall, and since then, people had started slowly coming in. Renee had finally made it to the hall with her very fateful company of Donghae... and Eunhyuk. Seoyeon's heart started racing as if it was anticipating something. "Hey, guys!" Seoyeon waved to the group. "Hi, Donghae," Donghae smiled. "Hey..." she turned to Eunhyuk and said softly. "Hey," Eunhyuk also softly replied. Renee and Donghae noticed and giggled amongst themselves. Seoyeon diverted, "Umm... why don't you guys get some drinks and snacks? You must be hungry after the activities." Donghae jumped, "Yes, let's get some drinks, please! Let's go Eunhyuk." "Yeah," and the boys left to get some refreshments. Renee settled next to Seoyeon. "So?" Seoyeon turned to Renee, "How was it?" Renee blushed. "It was so much fun. We got to interact more, and he seemed like a really nice person. I really liked his company." Seoyeon smiled, seeing her friend happy. "Well, I am glad that you had fun. Let's have MORE fun on the dance floor now!" "YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!"

The music had started picking up pace and volume. People slowly started moving towards the dance floor and moving a little bit. "Let's pump up the happiness quotient, guys!" the DJ suddenly declared, and the hall was filled with the sound of "Dynamite". 

"YAY! DYNAMITE! Let's go, let's go," Renee and Seoyeon merrily jumped on the dance floor. Everyone was standing together and happily dancing.

"

Hey, so let's go

'Cause I, I, I'm in the stars tonight

So watch me bring the fire, and set the night alight (hey)

Shining through the city with a little funk and soul

So I'ma light it up like dynamite, woah-oh-oh

"

And the crowd started singing and jumping together...

"

Dyn-na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na, life is dynamite

Shining through the city with a little funk and soul

So I'ma light it up like dynamite, woah-oh-oh