2.18: Operation Normal Teen

"What are you wearing?" Yelena says, making me jump. I slowly turn round to see where she is, placing the bag of crisps down on the coffee table.

Yelena is sat at the breakfast bar, a bowl of pasta in front of her that's tinged red from the half empty bottle of sriracha on the table.

I do a little spin and pull my shirt taut so she can read the writing. "Do you like it?"

Yelena's face creases and she stabs her pasta aimlessly. "Did you go out in that?"

"Yeah," I nod. "Peter and I both went out like this."

"Where's your suit?"

"What?"

"Your suit." Her face smooths out and she raises a brow. "I'm assuming you have it with you but I just don't know where you'd put it. Where is your suit?"

I swallow nervously but keep my eyes trained on her hazel ones. "Tony Stark took it back." Before she can say anything, I pull out the mask and gloves, throwing the on top the table and they slide towards her, stopping when the hit the bottle of hot sauce. "But I managed to keep those."

Yelena looks up at me and I can't tell what she's thinking, her face a mask that's glued over her true feelings. "Oh, my dear Rosie. I'm so proud of you!" She squeals and runs up to me, pulling me into a hug and sways me from side to side. "Stealing from Tony Stark, how wonderful. That man needs humbling and what better way to do it than an unsuspecting sixteen year old child stealing from right under his nose."

"I don't have a suit anymore though," I say against her chest and she pulls away almost immediately.

"Oh, yes. That might be a problem." Yelena steps back and looks me up and down, taking her hand out and placing them against my hips as though measuring. "Yes, that'll work." She mutters, eyes scanning her hands that are supposed to be the same width as my bust. "That'll work perfectly."

She walks over to her room, pulling me by the wrist and I quickly follow, regaining my footing after almost tripping. She opens the door and I'm hardly able to look around her room before getting shoved into another smaller room. Clothes line every wall and shoes cover the floor.

I pull out a long, yellow tartan coat out and hug it to my chest, pouting at Yelena and she sighs. "Not that one. I've got a dark green one you can have though."

She pulls out another coat, almost identical if you discount the dark green that replaces the yellow and lays it over the back of a chair. She looks over to me before parting a long line of clothes to reveal another rack behind it. Instead of usual clothes, this one is full of suits. White, black and the odd couple that have brown spots covering the front.

She quickly pulls out a small black suit before covering the rest, cutting off my view from a suit that has a couple red stains too.

Yelena throws it at me and tells me to try it on.

I take off my trousers and top, leaving me in the tight shorts and sports bra that I used to wear underneath the other suit. I pull on the black one that Yelena gave me and zip it up, fastening the belt and buckles that cover the thighs and torso.

Once it's fully fastened, I go over to the mirror and realise that it's the same as what Yelena wears, just in black rather than white. The fabric around my legs is loose, only tight around my ankle where the elastic is. Tye sleeves and torso tighter than the rest but not skin tight like my other one was.

Surprisingly, Tony Stark was more about style. This one's about comfort, yet it still looks good.

Yelena smirks at me through the mirror and walks up, placing the gloves on my hands and the mask on my face.