5: Acceptance letter

The acceptant letter came a day after I filled out the form. I still wasn't sure if I wanted to go though, seeing as Dreykov will be looking for me and that will put the whole school in danger. Especially that boy that helped us, Peter Parker. At least I know one person, but that may endanger him even more. I was torn; wanting to have a half normal life but also not wanting to have the death of hundreds of kids on my conscience. It would ruin me.

Yelena said that I could start whenever I felt ready, but that may be while yet. I still haven't got used to controlling my own life yet and I want to live it to the fullest before being forced in a classroom.

I also have another thing to worry about. Apparently a new hero has been roaming around Queens. Spiderman. I haven't seen him but I've been told by Yelena that he wears a mask and wears spandex. I almost laughed when I heard that but it also sparked something else. If he could hide his identity then so could I. In fact, Yelena has been trying to persuade me to join this Spiderman on his nightly duties. She even said that her sister, Natasha could get Tony Stark to build me a suit. The thing that held me back though, was that I didn't want to be on the Avengers radar anymore than I probably was. Apparently they have given me a nickname already, the Red Widow.

Personally I hate it. It's only a reminder of what I'm trying to leave behind. If I was to become a 'hero', I would call myself something different, something that has nothing to do with the Widows and the Red Room. It would have a good ring to it, something that gives a hint as to what I do, like Spiderman. Something like Reality Shifter. Wait no, that's too long. If I do start this then I'm going to have to think of a name. I groan, that's probably the most tedious part. If I meet Spiderman, I'm going to have to ask him how he thought of it.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Yelena knocks on my bedroom door. I let her in and she sits next to me on the bed.

I look at her expectantly and she takes a deep breath before speaking. "So, I've been thinking." I raise my eyebrows at her, already not liking where this conversation is going. "I know that you're hesitant going over to Tony Stark but I think that it'll be a good thing. Personally I'm not too keen on them but Nat is there. If you talk to them then maybe they'll protect you." She pauses before saying the last part. "And you could ask them to build you a suit."

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "Where are you going with this?"

She looks up at me and shrugs, "I just thought that if Dreykov is looking for you, then maybe it would be better if you had extra protection. Plus, it would be dangerous for everyone if he got you back."

I nod, knowing that what she was saying was correct. "Ok fine. I just don't want them to attack me as soon as I say who I am."

Yelena shakes her head. "They won't. Natasha will be there and she'll know what it's like. She was a Widow as well."

"I know. I'll go. But before you leave, what where you on about with the suit?" I ask her and she perks up as though she'd been waiting a while for me to ask this.

"Well, I've already told Natasha about you and asked about the suit and she said that she'll see what she can do."

"What?" I ask in confusion. She isn't making any sense.

"You'll see what I mean." She gives me a mischievous grin and slowly starts to back away to the door.

I stare at her as she leaves. I try to rack my brain as to what she meant but I had no idea still. It couldn't have been a surprise as we've only known each other for 3 days.

To put my mind at ease, I go and tell Yelena that I'm going to look around a bit.

She looks up at me in concern and I frown.

"Are you sure?" She asks me.

I nod. "I can protect myself. Plus, it won't be for that long."

She sighs before handing me a $20 bill and a phone. I stare at her. "Oh yeah, sorry. This is a phone. You use it to contact people with. My number is already saved but you could add more if you. Be careful though."

"Ok but that's not what I was asking." I chuckle slightly and hold up the plasticky paper. "What's this? Why isn't it in pounds?"

"Oh. That's what America pays with. Dollars instead of pounds like you British folk."

I put the items in a backpack and wave goodbye to Yelena before leaving the apartment door.

I take a deep breath and rub my face before taking a step forward.

A hopeful step towards healing.

————————————————————————
AN: Hola

Sorry this chapter took a while, I was struggling with the dreaded writers block smh and school did not help.

But it's here. Though I don't know how I feel about the ending lol. Hopefully it's alright though.

Aight, have a good day/night and I'll see you in the next one.

Byeee <3
- Jess