2.5: Secrets

"Yo, did you hear about Spiderman and this new girl, Spector." A blonde kid says to his friends. The group is stood by my locker, practically shouting at each other from excitement. "My sister got a picture of them fighting in the bank when she was in her date."

I walk up to them, intrigued by this picture of me. Their voices quieten as I grow nearer. They nudge each other and give confused glances as to why an older year is talking to them.

"Did you say you have a picture of Spiderman and Spector?" I ask them. My interest in the topic isn't as low as I'd have hoped, I kinda want to see this picture.

Blondie nods excitedly and pulls out his phone before showing it to me and his friends. It's a picture of Spiderman hanging from the roof with me next to him, red smoking from my hands. It's a bit grainy but they doesn't distract you from the fact that it kinda looks cool. We look like a team.

I nod at Blondie and he beams in return. "That's kinda cool, your sister is gonna become viral from that."

The kid nods his head excitedly and turns back to his friends, chattering on about him maybe taking the credit for the photo.

"Thinking of abandoning us already?" A voice teases from behind me and I turn around, already smiling.

"Oh shucks, you weren't meant to see that." I say to Peter and he snorts.

I swing my arm around Peters neck and lead him towards the side of the hall with Ned next to me. I notice him giving Peter strange looks, as though he wants to say something but can't.

"You alright there Ned?" I ask the boy and his head flicks towards me quickly.

"Can you spit venom?" Ned blurts out to Peter before slamming his hand over his mouth. I raise an eyebrow at him and he looks at me sheepishly.

"Ned!" Peter hisses from behind me. I turn around and see him dragging his hand across his throat.

"What?" I ask them, moving my head from between the two. "Am I missing something?"

Peter shakes his head and sidesteps towards Ned. I keep my gaze on them as Peter drags the boy away, sparing glances in my direction. He makes annoyed hand gestures and Ned looks at him sheepishly.

I tilt my head and start walking toward the pair. Their conversation goes silent as I grow nearer.

"What was that about?" I ask confused yet slightly hurt.

"Nothing." Peter says quickly. Too quickly. I raise my eyebrows and nod my head slowly.

"It's just this thing cause Peter got bit by a spider a couple months ago and I thought he might have some symptoms." Ned says matter of factly but Peter smiles stiffly.

I turn to him, curious about this new found I formation. "You got bit by a spider?" Peter nods and I smirk. "That'd be cool if you can spit venom, you could be like the next Spiderman."

Peter laughs nervously and points behind him. "I gotta get to class. I'll see you later?"

I nod at him, watching as he leaves. He's still facing me as he bumps into Flash Thompson. I cringe as Flash points to him. "Sup Penis Parker!"

I rub my hand over my forehead and start walking to class but Ned grabs my wrist.

"He doesn't mean to be like that." Ned explains with a reassuring smile. "He's just got a lot going on with the internship and stuff."

I nod at him. "I know."

•☁︎︎•

I should probably take after MJ and bring a book to gym class next time. Anything is better than having to watch a Captain America fitness video and watching Mr Jaques pretending to be his number one bestie. Only in high school, am I right?