14: Russian Pigs

"It means so much to me that you girls came back for me."Alexei says with a smile, his thick Russian accent getting more prominent as he gets more emotional.

Natasha shakes her head and turns around to look at him. "No, no. You're going to tell us how to get to the Red Room." Natasha completely dismisses what Alexei said

"Oh look at you, all business." Alexei stares at the back of her head as he speaks.

"Trust me, this isn't pleasure."

"Little Natasha all indoctrinated into the Western agenda." He says to her, making Yelena turn around and glare at him before giving me an awkward smile.

These last few hours have been the most awkward in my life. Never before have I met a more confusing family than this. Alexei seems to have gone to get the milk and come back years later, as though he went to a shop on a completely different planet. I feel for Yelena and Natasha though. I can see why they are acting so distant.

"I chose to go West to become an Avenger." Natasha explains slowly, as though she is talking to a toddler. Her voice goes quieter and she turns to look out of the window as to not meet anyones eye. "At least they treated me like family."

Alexei scoffs. I'm really starting to dislike this guy. "Really. Family?" She nods slightly and Yelena grows stiff. "And where are they now? Where is that family now?"

Yelena looks over to Natasha as though she expects her to answer. She glimmer of hurt flashes in her eyes and she looks down.

"Tell me where the Red Room is." Natasha demands. She tries not to look at Yelena or Alexei and I find myself meeting the redheads eyes. I give a reassuring smile and she nods in gratitude.

We wait for a couple of seconds as Alexei weighs his options. "I have no idea. Ok?"

Groans follow his words and I slam my head back against my head rest. "Really?" I point to him with my thumb and shield my mouth from him with my other. I whisper to them in a not so quiet manner so he can still hear, "This one? This is the person that raised you? Raised the famous Natasha Romanoff and Yelena Belova? What a load of fucking codswallop."

He slowly turns towards me, hurt prominent in his face. "Excuse me?"

I raise an eyebrow at him "I'm just saying that you don't really give that vibe to me at all. Instead you give me middle aged bald man who sits on his blow up sofa watching football. Do with that what you please."

His eyes widen and he jams his thumb against his chest. "I am a super soldier! The Red Guardian! And you compare me to those- to those-"

He is interrupted by Natasha taking her headset. "Come on! You and Dreykov were like-"

"Dreykov?"

"Yeah!"

"General Dreykov, my friend, huh?" He slams his hand on the metal wall. "Gives me glory. Soviet Unions first and only super soldier. I could've been more famous that Captain America!"

I slowly creep to where Natasha used to be sat and she mindlessly takes my seat, too focused on what the man in front of her was saying.

I lean over to Yelena who is just ignoring what is going on in the back. "Hope you don't mind. The tension was getting to be too much in the back, you know?"

She nods slightly but doesn't say anything else. To be honest, she's probably trying to listen to what was being said like I am.

Natasha sighs as Alexei carries on his rant. "Then he buries me in Ohio with that stupid mission. Three years!" Yelena turns around and faces him, he meets her eyes and waves his hands around to solidify his point. "So tedious, boring me to tears!"