Chapter - Eight : FRIENDS

—————————————————————
Alexander..
—————————————————————

—————————————————————-Two Weeks later—————————————————————-

Two Weeks later
—————————————————————-

We live in a world where people believe no one is fully evil. And no one is fully good. Well in my world, that's bullshit. People who say that clearly haven't experience full pain. The pain of being forgotten by their whole family. To sit in the corner while everyone lives their wonderful lives. To wonder why other kids aren't afraid of going home. If you're raised by a good family, you'll be taught that there is no full evil. If you're raised by a horrible family, you'll be taught the same thing...you just won't believe it. That's the different between family's. Now. You must be wondering. Who is you're biggest influence. Did they cause good...or bad things? Most kids are picking their parents, so they can brag about how amazing they are. Well. Shit. Where did they get those parents? Can I have some?

My father has the biggest influence in my life. He's the reason I picked going to Harvard. He's the reason I figure skate. And he's the reason I wanted to study the brain. I did all these things because it was against his wishes. I don't care what it is. I'll go against anything he tells me. Yet, I wasn't like that was I was younger. I looked up to the man. Literally. I had to look up at him as he beat me with a belt. The best part is as I got older, I was told none of that happened. Guess I'm delusional. Nothing I do matters to my family. I'm use to it.

______________________________________

I stare at the piece of paper while sitting on Aurora's couch. She was laying in her bed reading mine. It wasn't supposed to be long. Just one or two paragraphs explaining who had the biggest influence in your life and why. Here's the funny thing. I picked my father as well. For slightly the same reason. He brought me almost all the pain in my life...

It's now been four weeks since the beginning of school. Not only have I already had a scrimmage against Yale, I also had Grayson Hemera yell at me because he thought I touched his sister. I've fought Mat and got his phone with the pictures of Aurora, also got a black eye which is finally healing. I've hid from Mat under a bridge with Aurora. He's now out to get me, even during practice. Coach had to yell at him, saying he had to respect his teammate and captain.

Aurora and I have gotten along pretty well since the bridge situation. After hardly three days of knowing each other, we were at each other's throats for no reason. So, I decided that we would put our family's differences behind, since I practically see her everywhere. Now...I think everything's going well.

I'm friends with a Hemera.

God damn. I'm fucking friends with a Hemera.