Chapter 21: Slowly Falling

Start from the beginning

   "I gotta call my parents. Haven't talked to them in a while." Jenan said and stood up. I nodded and watched her leaving the room, taking my iPhone out of my pocket. I was scrolling through the newest tweets when Liam entered the flat, mumbled something about Niall visiting some friends,  and sat down next to me.

   "Where is the remote control?" he asked me, lifting some pillows.

   "I don't know." I replied shortly.

   "It's right beside you, Zayn!" Liam said. And he was right; the remote control was beside me, so I gave it to Liam who then asked: "What's up?"

   I sighed and logged off Twitter after seeing the trend WhoIsJenan. "Nothing."

   "Don't fool me." Liam replied, turning on the TV. "There's something wrong with you."

   ".. British-Irish boyband One Direction will be arriving in LA tomorrow evening, attending some important interviews and shows." The newsreader said out of the TV. "Rumor has it, the lads will be bringing Louis Tomlinson's girlfriend, Eleanor Calder, with them." Finally the media got something right. I turned away from the TV and logged into Twitter again. "Also, One Direction's little secret was spotted this morning alone in London and the fans .." Liam gasped and my heartbeat increased as I slowly looked up. A new picture of Jenan, who was wearing blue jeans, sneakers, a jacket and a suitable scarf, was filling the screen. She was sitting on a bench near Simon's work place, holding a book and reading.

   "When was this?" I asked, terrified.

   "This morning." Liam answered with a dry mouth whilst the newsreader carried on talking: "..she was last spotted with Zayn Malik coming out of the local hospital. This caused a great amazement among the fans who started going crazy on Twitter and.."

   "Hey, has anyone seen my recharger cable?" All of a sudden, Jenan appeared at the bottom of the stairs. Liam's first reaction was to quickly turn off the TV or else she would have seen herself filling the screen.

   "Uh, amm, no." Liam stuttered and I quickly shook my head.

   "Well, actually," she said in her cute foregin accent "I lent it Harry a few days ago and now I'm not sure if he gave it back or not. Where is he?"

   Oops. Actually Harry had gone clubbing with Louis yesterday night and both hadn't come back yet. It was good that Jenan's question reminded me of that thing cos I had intended to hide a probably drunk Harry and Louis from her.

    "What's wrong with you?" she asked and raised her eyebrows. It seems she had noticed we were acting strangely.

   "It's nothing." Liam said with a smile. "He's just outdoors, babba." Couldn't he stop calling her that name? I don't know why but it just bugged me.

   "Oh well.." she muttered, walking towards the door. "Ask him where my cable is if you see him before I do, okay?"

   "Okaaay.." I replied slowly, watching her taking her coat and putting it on. "Where are you going?"

   She turned around to me and closed the buttons of her coat whilst saying: "Emily will take me to a bookstore. I'll be back soon."

   I nodded and heard Liam saying: "Have fun."

   "Thanks!" she replied with an adorable smile on her face which made my tummy jump. She took the keys and opened the flat's door.

   "Jenna?" I asked and made her turn around again. "Take care of yourself."

   "I will, Zayn." She replied softly and in the next moment she was gone. Again I got into that dark mood and opened Twitter. I scrolled through some quotes and after around 7 minutes I stumbled over one saying 'There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It's caused by the absence of you. - Ashleigh Brilliant' and without hesitating I tweeted it myself.