Betrayed

Two Years Ago...

Herobrine stumbled from unexpectedly terminated teleport, his wounded form materializing into a defensive posture directly before an ephemeral wall of code up ahead - that's what threw him out of the teleport early. He glared at the enormous security obstruction he sensed blocking his way up ahead, then blinked, returning to normal vision.

A quick glance told him where he was - this world's spawn point. He stood on a hill surrounded by numerous trees and abandoned player structures. The arrival of players came just moments later. Scowling, Herobrine turned, knowing that it was too late to run. All around his figure still lit up tracing scans from his latest misadventure.

Gloomily, Herobrine glared at the figures that appeared all around him, surrounding him into a circle. All wore high-level gear. All bore symbols of their clan - a gray wolf head either imprinted upon their armor or their clothes. The leader, a staut, muscular man in a helmet that obscured his facial features, also wore a blood-red cape where the creator logo displayed - the local Server Owner himself. Herobrine stifled a wince. His bad luck that this normally busy human happened to be online right when Herobrine needed to cross this territory. These players belonged to a group that he did not wish to offend.

His sword appeared in his hand, but Herobrine stood, making no move to attack, tensely waiting for their actions. The leading human had only to make a small gesture and the advancing players with him stopped, still a few blocks away. Their hands also gripped weapons at the ready. Swords, axes, and staffs, all gleaming with top-level enchantments and doubtlessly made of rarest alloys the local mods allowed. The eighth level tier rankings allowed this player group to have best of the best.

"What are you doing in my server, Herobrine?" The leader demanded. Herobrine frowned. That they did not attack was at least an encouraging thing. But that they blocked him, cutting him off from escape, was another matter entirely.

"Only passing through. Let me leave and you won't have any problems." He tried to keep hostility from his tone, but threat still came with a slight growl.

Slightly turning his head, the human communicated with others in what they thought was their personal clan chat.

"He didn't destroy anything here, did he?" The server owner's moderator verified with someone not in the game.

Listening for a moment, the human then turned to his waiting leader. "Sir, he didn't cause any damages here, but the territory of Tritons is lit. Multiple attacks. They are still trying to deal with it. Some sort of monster, destroying everything in its path."

The leader of the Steele Wolves made a small nod. Dismissing his helmet shield, the man revealed his face. Steel gray eyes from an older face held on Herobrine with stern, hard expression.

"Sir, they've already lodged a complaint to the Admin. They are probably tracking him as we speak. We cannot just let him go. If they learn that he was in our server and we didn't do anything, we'll get a fine, sir." The owner's assistant warned, but the man dismissed him with another gesture.

"You are playing a risky game, Herobrine." The man noted to Herobrine. He was still not making a move toward him. The human's eyes ran across Herobrine's rather tattered appearance.

"Why did you attack them? I understand that it might be fun to fight a player or two, but to destroy an entire server?"

"Five of them, sir. That entire sector is down. He spawned some sort of high level monster and now it's spawning clones. And crossing server gates!" The moderator commented, still poking around online. The leader shook his head with disapproval, while Herobrine scowled.