"I think it's my quirk," she suddenly said after a long silence. The darkness was slowly starting to lift as the sun emerged from the horizon. Arisa gripped the glass tight in hand. Aizawa quietly frowned and placed a hand over hers, "You have your appointment in a few days, don't you? Tell the doctor what worries you."

          She stared at his hand for a moment.

          "... Yeah."

°°°°

          PRESENT TIME

         Arisa continued to stare at the spot where the villain had previously stood, unmoving.

          She could have went to the police station but she didn't. His demeanour had thrown her off. He was mellow, calm, quiet, as if his malice had long left his body. It was still there but she couldn't see it as clear as before. The male had only confirmed what she had been suspicious of. The soreness of her throat reminded her of her ever decreasing time and her ever-evolving quirk that was destroying her from within. She didn't need to see Dr. Ujiko she didn't think but she still had to go.

          Because she felt like she had to.

          Because nobody wanted her to die. Not even the villains.

          Arisa wordlessly turned and walked away, heading towards the direction of the hospital.

          She reached her destination in no time and soon enough found herself sitting before her doctor, watching as he smiled at her from behind his desk.

          "Good afternoon, Hayashi-san. How are you today?"

          "The usual."

          "Okay," he rolled his chair, maneuvering himself around his desk until he ended up beside it, "What about your quirk? Any changes?"

          She frowned, "Actually. There is. Not regarding my quirk. I've been coughing up blood lately."

          At this, the male looked concerned and his expression darkened in the slightest before standing up, his coat unraveling and falling just above his knees, "That's not good. Coincidentally, I've scheduled an MRI for you today. Follow me. We'll get to the bottom of this."

          And so she did. She followed him down a hallway and entered a room where a large, circular machine sat just beyond a glass with a long, rectangular surface laid out where patients were assigned to lay on. Arisa was told to change into a gown she was provided with and soon enough, she was lying within, surrounded by the machine, hearing the large noises it emitted. Dr. Ujiko occasionally spoke to her through the speakers within the room, ensuring that she was fine and conscious.

          It was over quick and she quickly got dressed before returning to Dr. Ujiko's office.

          "I will call you within a few days time to provide you with the results. I'll keep in touch but honestly, Hayashi-san, so far," he frowned, "Things aren't looking good. I want you to mentally prepare yourself for the possibility of bad news."

          "I know," she quietly uttered. She had always known.

          It was her own body after all.

          And with her quirk, she was privy to many information that she would rather not know.

          Knowing too much was a curse. Oh, how she longed to be clueless, just once.