22

A few days have passed.

          It had been hellish. Arisa was losing sleep from the amount of content she has to cover for the written tests. She used to lose sleep because of her quirk malfunction and how she saw people in her sleep instead of her fictional men but after she died and came back, she didn't struggle with that anymore but she did struggle trying to stop consuming the sleeping pills. Even in the hospital, when Aizawa wasn't looking, she'd consume it to help her sleep but that was all in the past. She was just enjoying the return of her ability to sleep when exam season slapped her in the face. She refused to drop ranks in class so she did her best. Three cups of coffee each day, she had heart palpitations and passed out once which earned her a scolding from Aizawa. He disliked it when she drank coffee because of the setting-hair-on-fire incident but she was fine this time. She used all the energy for work.

          "Stop being self-destructive," he said.

           Did she listen?

          No. She was a student. Lack of sleep was part of that package.

          Anyway, the written tests were done and finally came the day of the practical tests. She was now standing amongst her classmates, dressed in her costume, a black, sleeveless bodysuit that covered her neck. The bodice was repaired from the tear it received during her horrific internship. The necklace Hawks gave was kept safely in her locker because she had a feeling that it would get damaged if she were to wear it.

          Arisa was barely awake.

          Her eyeballs were shifting underneath her eyelids as she tried her best to keep them open. Bakugou smacked the back of her head lightly and she stumbled slightly, mumbling, "I'm awake."

          "My ass. Focus, fuckin' rainbow eyes. The fuck is the matter with you?"

          "I didn't sleep enough this week," she mumbled as she reached underneath the cloth around her eyes, scratching them. She looked forward to see many teachers gathered, "Why are there so many teachers?"

          Bakugou didn't say anything. She could feel someone nudge her from behind and she turned to see Sato smiling at her, holding up a piece of what seemed to be candy, "Here. It's coffee flavoured. You look like you need it."

          Arisa smiled, "Thank you!"

          "Right," Aizawa suddenly spoke amongst the many teachers that have gathered, "The test will begin shortly. Obviously, you can fail this test too. So, if you want to head to the forest lodge, then we'd better not see any pitiful blunders from you."

          Arisa was now growing curious of what the exam entailed. She could have read Aizawa's thoughts at home but she was still not used to the sensation so even at home, she kept the fabric around her eyes at all times.

          "I have no doubt that you tried to learn as much as you can regarding the test beforehand. So, I think all hold a vague notion of what you're about to do."

          Arisa yawned and sneakily tried to sleep on her feet. She convinced herself that a few seconds power nap would be able to get her through the day. She honestly believed that. She could hear Kaminari and Mina exclaimed confidently that they'd be dealing with robots but she looked up, surprised to see Nezu popping out of Aizawa's scarf, a paw in the air, "Sorry, I'm afraid not! Due to various reasons, we're changing the contents of the test, starting today!"

          He jumped off Aizawa's shoulder, "We will have you form pairs to engage combat with one of these educators here!"

          Arisa was immediately awake.