6

"We both are aware of your situation and although it's safe, I'm sure you're worried," Aizawa had brought her to the staff room and the both of them sat at the end of the room, the lounge area where the couches were kept. The guardian and his ward sat across from each other, the girl quietly stirring a cup of coffee that he allowed her to brew from the coffee machine to the side. He would have made a cup for her if he had functional arms. As she stirred, he continued addressing the situation, "So, you have a choice. If you don't want to participate in the sports festival, then you don't have to. The other teachers think the same."

          For a moment, Arisa gazed into the cup, looking at her reflection that looked right back at her. For a moment, she was glad that all the teachers in this facility were aware of her situation and identity — things were easier this way. She didn't need to conjure up an explanation every time in certain situations.

          The girl hummed, "Well, if I die, then I die —"

          He gave a disapproving glare and she let out a nervous trail of laughter, "I'm kidding," her expression settled, "I was worried but I doubt the dregs of my family's associates would come forward and try to kill me," she gave a short, breathy chuckle, her expression solemn, "But they could come forward and expose me to the media."

          The pair were silent, only hearing to the quiet disscussions and clicking of keyboards from the other teachers a few ways from where they sat. Aizawa adjusted his arms in his casts, "It's a possibility but without proof, they won't be able to do anything."

          Arisa gazed at her inner arm, the birthmark that was passed down to every single Sukehiro, a proof of their bloodline and a method of identification upon death. This was the very proof that the media would need to tie her to her estranged family — she just had to be careful to not expose it. Quietly, she thought she needed to start covering it up with an elbow sleeve or maybe even a bandage.

          "You're right," she gave a small lopsided smile, "Besides, it's been three years. Time to move on," she took a sip from her coffee and set the cup down with a soft clack, "I'm gonna go kick some ass at the sports festival."

          Aizawa only watched her, the ghost of a smile hidden underneath his bandages.

°°°°

          "So, we have two weeks," it was lunch time and she joined Ochako and Iida at the cafeteria. Midoriya was nowhere to be seen because according to the pair, All Might swiped him away, after peeking over a corner, lunch box in hand like a maiden. The three students now chatted amongst themselves, discussing the sports festival and Iida along with Ochako were both hyped to be participating. Honestly, Arisa was too but she had many things to be cautious about. She was trained to be prepared so she tucked away her excitement because excitement always brought disaster in her experience.

          "Will you be training on your own, Hayashi-san?"

          Arisa was quietly wiping her mouth after finishing her ramen and turned to Iida whom suddenly addressed her, "Yes. What about you two?"

          Ochako pouted, "I wanted to train with you actually."

          Iida answered, "I will be training on my own. Maybe with my brother!"

          She looked to the girl with an apologetic smile, "Sorry, Ochako, I usually train on my own so I can focus."

          "It's okay!"