20

Shigaraki Tomura.

          The leader of the quickly rising League of Villains.

          A group of sinister criminals and misfits of society, all sharing the same cause. He sought to destroy the hero-saturated society—he desired carnage and destruction, elimination of everything he hated, the very people that turned away when he needed help most. Hypocrites, people not practicing what they preached. There many things he loathed within this current society. He hated it all. It physically made him sick to see people happy, living under the control of hypocrites. He wanted them all to disappear. He hated everything.

           Until something curious happened.

           Back in the morgue, when he tried to steal the supposedly dead Sukehiro Arisa's body. When he saw her in pain, covering her face, covering her eyes, he felt odd. Shigaraki had read briefly on the girl, he wasn't spared any of the horrifying, gory details that unfolded behind their closed doors. It made him hate the current society even more.

          With this in mind, he without a thought, reached out when she was in pain and wrapped the white cloth he coincidentally had with him around her head before he left. It brought an odd feeling in his chest but it was just fleeting.

          It meant nothing.

°°°°

          "You're saying, we're gonna have an exam in two weeks? I literally just walked death off. I haven't even studied," Arisa was currently crouching over a rat, her test subject provided by her guardian for her ever-evolving quirk. This was her second week in the hospital and she had reunited with the entirety of class 1-A. She had properly befriended Todoroki who gave her a bouquet of roses. It was a sweet gesture. Just this once, she changed her mind about a person. They were all shocked, of course, to learn that she was alive and had visited her everyday ever since. Mostly Bakugou and Midoriya. Separately, of course. The two still despised each other. The girls would occasionally visit as well but mostly Momo and Ochako.

          "Well, you walked death off, surely studying for an exam within a short amount of time won't be such a difficult thing to do," Aizawa responded, sitting hunched over on a stool behind her, watching her just in case her quirk acted out.

          Arisa had went through a physical exam and the doctor assured that she was doing just fine. The reason she survived before was that her quirk regenerated her own cells at the moment of death. Now, all that was left was the memory of a knife sticking directly out of her heart. Ah, good times.

          "Well, I have neuroelectric interfacing now. I can just cheat."

          She had learned as well, with the aid of a quirk specialist that that was indeed what she was capable of now. After suffering migraines from being unable to control it just two weeks ago, hearing people's thoughts, sending people into hysterics, the quirk specialist managed to draw a conclusion that this was now a new burden she came to bear. It was useful but having so much power made her uncomfortable—it made her recall the 'mother's masterpiece' jabs she received from her siblings back then. Was this what they meant?

          From now on, she'd have monthly appointments with the quirk specialist, Doctor Ujiko apparently was his name—to monitor the state of her quirk.

          "Would've been a solid plan if you didn't just say it out loud."

          Arisa chuckled, a mischievous one as she grinned, "What if I'm just trying to throw you off?"