13

"Get up, Arisa. No foe on the field would give you time to pick yourself up," The male kneeled down before the wheezing child, the tip of the blade lifting her chin, forcing her to meet gazes with him. She was covered in burns, cuts and bruises, an awful sight for a child her age, "You need to toughen up, little one. For whatever reason, mother has absolute faith in you, her masterpiece, I suppose."

          She pushed him away, her telekinesis at work, sending him flying a few feet away but he landed gracefully into a crouch. She wiped the sweat and blood that stained her skin, her arm outstretched and a single eye squinted as she breathed heavily, "I hate you."

          He laughed, throwing his head back, "That's great. That's exactly what I want!"

          The girl was exhausted. She was on her last leg but if she stopped, she knew, the male before her wouldn't hesitate to kill, his very own flesh and blood. She was only six but she was exposed to enough danger and death to realize that within these regal four walls, that it was either kill or be killed. Win or die.

          The male got into a stance, eyes gleaming a haunting red, "Hate me, Arisa. Let it be your strength."

          "Why? Why does it have to be this way?"

          "Because you're one of us," he said as he tossed a burning knife towards his own sister, "Always will be," he lit more blades on fire and the two danced a deadly choreography. Arisa parried each and every one of his attacks just barely, "Should you run away one day and live under a different name. You would always be a Sukehiro."

°°°°

          "Why don't you take your blindfold off?"

          "Why don't you use your flames?"

          Todoroki, unlike the others had picked on her single shortcoming. She could only manipulate things that the blue energy touched and before the energy could reach a certain area, it had small lag in between. A slight one, perhaps a single second so Todoroki exploited that. She liked it. As expected of the number two hero's son. He managed to block every single one of her early attacks with his ice so she figured that it wouldn't work on him—she needed to switch tactics but she disliked the fact that he wasn't taking her seriously. He might have thought so but he wasn't using both his quirks like he did with Midoriya.

          He ignored her taunt and swung his right arm, about to create the glacier from before but this time, instead of small projectiles and the easy capture and toss, she focused a violent beam of blue aimed towards him that completely shattered his ice. Small pieces of ice rained from the skies like a beautiful winter and beyond it, Todoroki was already shivering. Arisa made a face as she perched herself atop a small glacier, "You're shivering. Use your flames, Todoroki."

          He gave her a glare but it was mild. There was no malice behind it, "You're not fighting with your full power either."

          "Do you want to die? 'Cause that'd happen if I take it off. I don't really wanna end up on the news, ya' see?"

           "You're bluffing."

          Their attacks had came to a lull and she continued to observed him from above.

          "It seems the two are... Conversing?"

          Arisa chuckled, "And how are you sure?"