Where's The Girl?

There once was a lady we called "Crazy Helen". Helen was obsessed with Cam for some sick and twisted reason. If Helen would see Charlie but not Cam she would always ask "Where's the girl?".

Charlie always had a different response but today it was "I dont know, go away crazy lady". Another day Cam was up in the mall bathroom getting well and Helen asked Charlie "Is the girl using the needle?".  Charlie responded in defense "You're tripping you dumb bitch leave me, my girlfriend, and my dog alone. We fucking hate you". One day this stupid old lady showed up and dropped off a 25 pound sack of rolled oats. "What the fuck am I supposed to do with this just carry it home to my house and cook it in my kitchen you crazy old hag?".

Cam and Charlie's world was an adventure and when they got really fucked up they would stay by each other's side to make sure they kept their composure. These two would stay up for days and the last two years of their run would not only shoot up heroin but would do something called a "Goofball". A Goofball was a shot of heroin mixed with heroin and crystal meth. This shit I swear would make you cum if you weren't careful enough. Once you do a goofball you got to have both together so you can have that experience 3, 4, maybe even 5 times a day.

It was funny how the geography was laid out, Downtown was all crack cocaine with your heroin but once you got two or three stops down on the Lite Rail it was all crystal meth with your heroin. Charlie and Cam would sometimes venture off for a few months and do their business in Mid Valley so they would have access to the dope of their liking, This was also how Charlie met Preston which was another incentive to hold them down south living out of the Midtown Express where Cam would get harassed daily by the same detective for doing absolutely nothing. Well besides like eight petty warrants Sanchez did finally take her in one day in a very dramatic fashion. Cam was walking down the sidewalk with her Mountain Dew Big Gulp and Sanchez came running from behind and took her down. All 105 pounds taken down like Ray Lewis going after a running back. She would spend 4 days in jail. Charlie had been up for 3 days and now he had to survive 4 days without his right arm. 

Outside of the Cut Avenue Mall was Ground Zero for Charlie and his group of nine. Most junkies would spend 24 hours a day at the cut conducting their business but Charlie would only spend about two hours a day each afternoon at the Cut and the rest of the day at Avenue Mall which was the City Center of Cntral City. He preferred to rub shoulders with a classier group of junkies. Did you know that in Central City it wasn't just people living on the streets that did heroin but many others did too. Doctors, lawyers, and even that kindergarten teacher Charlie would meet at 5:45 every single morning just so she could get well enough to attend to her students. She had been through two back surgeries and heroin was the only thing that would help the pain so Charlie really sympathized with her and made sure he was always available to meet her so she would have what she needed to get through the day.

Avenue Mall had it's fair shair of characters. Steve worked at the Cheesecake Warehouse  and when he wasn't working would follow the Ecuadorians around the area to see where they would stash their dope. Once they would do so he would move in and take it sometimes getting up to $1200 worth of dope at a time. Those were fun nights for the whole crew when he scored  like that. Whenever anyone of our nine had a big score it was a big score for the entire team.

Whenever Charlie would go to the Cut Cam would make camp and take over and deal with all the shit heads for those couple of hours each day. The only problem was that when Charlie would go spend those couple of hours each day at the cut there was always that risk of him not coming back. The money was great but the risk of getting arrested was very high. The money and the dope was flowing until one evening Charlie didnt come home and Cam got that dreaded phone call from Central City Corrections Facility.