chapter 11 possesion

"what do you mean possession," I said trying not to remember my dad.

"you can take over somebody else's body," shane said. "but you can only do it for so long or else you will get stuck inside that person and can never get back out. so you have to be really careful on who and for how long you really stay inside somebody," he finished.

I sat in my thoughts for a second, possession huh. I wasn't really sure I liked the fact of controlling someone. it didn't feel right to me.

"here use me as an example," tyler said bravely standing up.

"are.. are you sure," I asked him?

"ya, go for it," he said.

I tried remembering how I pulled it off the first time. I stepped forward and put my hands in his shoulders pulling myself into him. it was dark for a second then the room lit up and I looked in the mirror at Tyler's body in my control.

it felt weird to control people, especially another gender...

"so, how do I get out," I asked in my deep voice?

"I don't know," shane said.

"wait! what do you mean you don't know! I though you knew what you where doing," I said angry.

"it's different for every ghost," he replied.

I concentrated for a second thinking of how to get out. this was a stupid idea. a knock came at the door and their mom walked into the room.

"hey boys dinner is ready come down," she said.

she turned and left and me and shane both looked at each other.

"now what!" I panicked.

"I don't know get out of him," he panicked back.

I took a deep breath in and then out and focused. a minute later nothing happened and his mom yelled up the stairs to come down.

"what do we do!" I yelled.

"calm down, where gonna go down stairs, eat dinner, come back up, and we'll fix this ok. now relax and try not to speak to much," shane said.

I nodded my head and took a deep breath and headed down the stairs. their parents where sitting at the table watching us come down the stairs.

I started to get really nervous as we approached the table and sat down.

"would you like some mash potatoes tyler," their mom asked me.

"umm, yes... please," I said shaky.

his mom gave me a look then brushed it off and slapped some food on my plate.

"so, tyler, how are you and Caroline," their dad asked.

I choked on my swallowing food for a sec then cleared my throat.

"uhh, Ya where um, where good," I answered.

please please let tyler forgive me if I say something wrong I hoped.

"well that's good she's a very nice young lady," he replied to me with a smile.

I returned my gaze back down to my plate that I now had scrapes clean. his mom really was a good cook. it's been a while since I've tasted anything.

me and shane both cleared our plates and ran back up the stairs.

"that was close, to close," shane said.

"I know, now how the hell do I get out of here! I mean, him, sorry," I said.

he sat in his own thought for a sec. about a few minute passed by then his face lit up and ran to his desk grabbing a book and running back.

"what are you-"

he pulled back his arm and hit me... tyler, in the stomach as hard as he probably could.

"Oww!!"
"Oww!!" me and Tyler both screamed out holding or stomachs.

"Shane what the hell!" I yelled at him.

"I forgot that's how we got tyler out of people so I wondered if it worked the same with you in him," shane smirked.

he laughed a bit and at first I was really mad but then couldn't help but smile a bit to. it felt better to be myself again even if I am just a ghost.

after we all had a good laugh we settled down and got ready for bed. it was already 12:30 pm. and I was laying flat on my back next to shane in his bed.
he was rolled over to the other side facing away from me already asleep. not feeling tired, maybe it's a ghost thing, I stared at his ceiling all night.