Obi-Wan... lives?

Start from the beginning

"Come inside," Obi-Wan invited before she had a chance to ask anything else. "I'll make something to eat and find some blankets so you can sleep here tonight. I'll take you to see my... objective in the morning."

"Okay, but I better go get my bag first," Ahsoka jabbed her thumb behind her, sounding more like the bright teen he knew.

"Right, you always were good at losing things," Obi-Wan rolled his eyes playfully.

"Says you," snorted Ahsoka. And Obi-Wan chuckled under his breath as he watched her run back to get her bag.

⇦⇧⇨

"Where are we going?" Ahsoka asked, trudging across the sand behind Obi-Wan.

"A farm. I have something to show you," Obi-Wan replied.

"You're objective?"

"I suppose you could say that," Obi-Wan said.

The two remained quiet for a bit, slowly making their way across the heaps and heaps of sand.

Ever since Ahsoka had landed on Tattoine, she'd felt a nagging presence that was so familiar and yet so strange all at once. It almost felt like... Anakin? And the presence grew stronger and stronger as they neared the farm.

"Is there someone Force-sensitive here?" Ahsoka asked. She felt jittery from the feeling of the presence.

"Yes."

"Who? Do you know this person?"

"I do. And you'll know him, too, when the time comes," Obi-Wan promised.

Ahsoka nodded curtly, even though she was behind him and he couldn't see her.

After a few more minutes of walking, they reached the farm Obi-Wan spoke of. A man who looked younger than Obi-Wan but older than Ahsoka appeared at the gate. He crossed his arms and waited for the two Jedi to approach. Obi-Wan waved, but the man didn't wave back.

"What do you want, Kenobi?" the man asked. "Who is this?"

"This is Ahsoka Tano. I've brought her here to meet him," Obi-Wan said.

"I thought you agreed to keep your distance," the man gritted out. "You just can't help but break all your oaths, can you?"

"We'll be gone after this," Obi-Wan pleaded. "Owen, please, you have to let her meet him." He took a step closer to whisper to the man, "She is his father's former apprentice. It would mean a lot."

Ahsoka's eyes blew wide and she stared at Obi-Wan. Anakin? A father? Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, did that mean...?

The man, Owen, looked at Ahsoka, then sighed. "Fine. But don't come back."

Owen led them into the farm.

"Obi-Wan, what in the universe?" Ahsoka whisper-shouted only loud enough for her grandmaster to hear. "Anakin has a kid?"

"Yes, of course."

"Padme?"

"Who else, my dear?" Obi-Wan said with a low chuckle.

Ahsoka huffed. "No one told me she was pregnant!"

"You weren't exactly in contact," Obi-Wan countered.

"I guess that's reasonable," Ahsoka said with a playful eye roll. Then she grew more serious. "He's the one who is Force-sensitive. That's why I felt like I could almost sense Anakin."

Obi-Wan nodded grimly. Anakin.

Owen turned around the little hut and stepped aside to present a little blonde-haired boy. Ahsoka let out a strangled squeak that no one except Obi-Wan heard. Ahsoka had seen what Anakin had looked like as a child, and she could see the obvious resemblance between them.

"Luke," Owen said, grabbing the boy's attention from the little toy starfighter he was playing with. "You know Ben. He's brought a friend to meet you."

Luke gave Obi-Wan a tiny smile, then turned his attention to Ahsoka. His smile faded and wonderment engulfed his face.

"I'll let you talk. But no funny business," Owen warned, giving Obi-Wan a stink-eye. Owen slipped away.

"What are you?" Luke asked, pure innocence and curiosity melting from every word.

"My name is Ahsoka Tano. I"m a Togruta," Ahsoka bent down to Luke's eye level. "I knew your father."

"You're old," Luke said, his face crumpling. "My dad died on Mustafar a long time ago."

Ahsoka chuckled, though there was a sadness to it. "Yeah, I guess I am. But Ben here is older."

Luke laughed. "He has gray hairs."

"He does."

"Now wait a minute," Obi-Wan chided. "I'm not that old."

Luke and Ahsoka exchanged a look, then broke out into a fit of giggles. Obi-Wan sulked for a moment. The giggles died down and the three slipped into a comfortable silence, Ahsoka and Luke each observing the other.

"Tell me about my dad," Luke requested after a moment.

"He carried spice, and Ahsoka worked with him," Obi-Wan budded in, giving Ahsoka a raised eyebrow look. Ahsoka nodded, then turned to Luke and grinned.

"Boy have I got a story for you." 

---------------------

Word Count: 1,410

Published: August 31, 2022

Yay! Another part! 

I've been so so so so busy lately I've had almost no time to write. But things should clear up soon. Should

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas/suggestions. 

Bye, peoples!