Flashback 9 years, Nejire POV:

"Damned brat!"

"AH!" Life is never fair. For me, that took the image of having a mother that had a weak body and become hospitalized until she died when I was 6.

"Fucking cursed brat." Thanks to that, my father began forming a bad drinking habit. When he was drunk enough, he'd take his anger out on me. "It's your own fault that your mother died. What a reject you are." He began chugging a bottle of alcohol before kicking me again. "Stupid brat! WHY DON'T YOU MAKE YOURSELF WORTH SOMETHING!" On a regular basis, I had done as much cleaning and cooking as possible to avoid getting hurt. Unfortunately, this never worked.

Most nights, I would go hungry with a lot of times tasting blood. Sometimes, I'd curl up in a ball and cry from pain and misery. 'Why? *hic* Why is this happening to me? Mom. Why does this have to happen?'

I tried to handle it for years with constant abuse. A lot of times to avoid pain when I'd get, I would even try and wait until late at night to get home. This worked most of the time, but not every time if my father would drink oddly heavier some nights. When I started to develop from puberty though, I started to resemble my mother more and more. Thanks to this, my father got more enraged when he'd see me somewhat sober. It got to the point where I would regularly get slapped or hit by my father whenever he'd see me. One day, I had began coming out of my home as early as possible. This was a normal routine that was started in hopes to escape any morning injuries. I would sneak out of the house and spend a bit of time at an anime café just to get a little more sleep. This day though, he was up and already drunk.

"Oi! Where the hell do you think you're going!?" My father walked towards me with as much hate for my own being.

"I-I need to do some morning committee thing-*SLAP*"

"DON'T TALK BACK!" I was cut off by him slapping me across the face and knocking me back. When I was on the ground, I guess I resembled my mother a little too much to him for my father to start kicking me in rage. "YOU FUCKING BRAT! IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT SHE'S DEAD! IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR BEING BORN! WHY COULDN'T YOU DIE INSTEAD!?" In one of the kicks, I felt something rupture in me to start coughing up blood. The pain from this hurt so much that I inevitably threw up on the ground. "NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" His next hit came right at my chest for a cracking to be heard. I guess he lost interest for him to walk away towards his bedroom. "Clean up this shit. Fucking waste of space."

The door slammed with the pain I was feeling unbearable. I knew I couldn't live this way anymore, but I didn't know where to go or even who to go to. I eventually got up off the floor and began packing what little clothes I could and some money I saved up from doing odd jobs around town. I didn't care anymore if I was out on the streets, anywhere was better than here. 'I'm sorry, mom. I just can't anymore. I can't handle being with dad anymore.'

As I walked down the streets with my belongings, it started to become harder and harder for me to breathe. Not only that, but I began coughing up more and more blood. 'What should I do now?' I glanced at the money I had to weigh my options. 'I don't have enough to go to a hospital, but..." I immediately felt the urge to vomit to throw up to the side of me and see a notable amount of blood. I panicked when I saw that to back away before anyone saw me specifically. 'If I go to a hospital, he'll be called and it'll ruin everything I'm trying to do. Should I go to a hero? A cop? DAMMIT! WHY DIDN'T I THINK THIS THROUGH MORE!?'

I eventually got to downtown with everything starting to get very fuzzy to me. I could barely hear anything for someone walking up towards me to start saying something. "....ey....ou....k" I could barely hear anything with my body going heavier and heavier. Eventually though, I started to black out and fall towards a side. All I remember after this was the sound of shouts and sirens as I was fading in and out. I genuinely thought I was gonna die this time.