Chapter XIV

Teacher: Do some stretching, and I will see you on the field.

After some stretching, 4 girls and their minions came to meet us, that means, problems are coming.

The leader: Jisoo and Jennie, right? I'm Amelia Isabella Carrington. But you can call me Lia. And this is my team, Estella Payton Colby or Ella, Emily and Jessie Ridley. As you can see, we are the queenka of the school. This school was built by 4 families, Our three families and the big Kim families. As you all know I'm talking about the most powerful family in the world. This school was built to take care of their descendants, the idols, their shareholder's children and of course some of their employees' kids but who cares. As I can see, you are one of the shareholder's kids, because you have the look and the fashion of a big designer. Don't ask how I know it, I've checked both of your Instagram. And I've seen your competences in the fashion world. Of course, it's not as perfect as mine, but it's almost there. The thing that I don't understand is why are you hanging out with these two good for nothing people.

LS: Are you talking about us?

Jessie: Of course, she is talking about you. You are just the lawyer's daughter, and her. She is just a coffee lady, daughter of the Head accountant, I bet your father is embezzling money away from my family. By the way, can you please give me one cup of coffee. I think I'm still dreaming, I can't stop seeing a disgusting face.

RS: And who would that be?

Ella: "You two, of course", she said, rolling her eyes.

JS: Why are you talking to us, again? For my information, I'm not a shareholder's daughter, nor is Jennie. We are just girls that got a lot of opportunities. Our families are not as popular and wealthy as you thought.

Lia: Excuse me, did you just reject me? How could a low-key person like you reject someone like me? Alright, you wanna stick with these people, shame on you. But don't expect me to treat you differently from now on: You are low-key, and you always will be. Also don't come close to Tae and his members, they're ours. So if I find you close to him or his friends, your time here will be cut short. Understood?

After that she went to the center of the field, and we were back to silence.

LS: Why did you do that? You could be living a good life. Why would you suggest that you are no one?

JS: Lisa baby, there are so many things more important for me than being popular. I'm not interested in being beautiful and modeling around the school. And why would you think that I'd leave you or Rosé. You are my friends, and when I choose my friends, I stick with them till the end. Ok?

RS: Thank you Unnie!

JN: Ok girls, let's go before the teacher calls, or we will have problems.

Just after we arrived on the field, the teacher called everyone to arrange things.

Teacher: Ok, everyone, I want fair play, no cheating. Unfortunately for our volleyball team, we don't have the right number of students. So, we are gonna play 5 against 5, and then switch players every set. Unfortunately, we can't do it in one day, so we will continue it Thursday. Also, the others who are not playing will have to train in the other field. We are gonna start the game by dividing you into 2 teams. It's a friendly game. We have only one boy in the volleyball team, so he will be teamed up with the other girls. Unfortunately, he's not here yet, but he will obviously join his team after. In basketball, we have a total of 4 teams, 2 girls teams and 2 boys teams. Of course, there will be a match too, to select those who are gonna participate in the regional competition. Do you have any questions?

Students: No

Teacher: Right, let's separate the team. Kun and Taeyong are doing a comeback so they can't participate, but Like I said we miss one member so for now you will have to switch every set of game.

Lia: I will play first, I have a photoshoot after, I can't sweat too much. And besides, we will win this. Leila and Lucia, you were the best players last year, so don't disappoint me.

Leila and Lucia: Yes Unnie!

JN: Excuse me! I thought that girls and boys are not allowed to play together?

Teacher: Ah yes! Kun is the only boy who submitted volleyball for his collective sport. Yes I know I said no mixing up, but he will be the only exception, so if you bother him or if he bothers you, I will know. And I will give detention and cleaning school schedule to those who cause disturbance during the class. Also as this year, the regional competition of volleyball is mixte, I figured he can play with you guys. And hopefully, we will all go to the national.

JN: Right, thank you!

JS: Could you please tell us more about the competition?

Teacher: Yeah right! What we are going to do now is a selection game. You're gonna compete against each other to see who is gonna participate in whose team, I wanna bring some talent together and update the others. So this week will be your training and team building. And next week, we will play the local game. The best team will participate in the regionals. When we will go to the regional, each team sports will have to compete with 5 other team sports. The winner of the regional will be offered a trophee, and will go to the national with the second place. There will be 16 teams per sport in the national, and they will have to compete against each other to win the national trophee. After the national competition, they will represent South Korea's high school sport team in many competitions for the rest of the school year. Do you have any other questions?

JS: Yes, when and where will we go for that trip?

Teacher: For the regional and national, we will stay here in Seoul, because the competition will happen here. The winner as you know will go to the USA, and they will participate in a lot of competitions during the summer holidays. This game is gonna be individual, which means that I'm gonna rate you all, one by one, and take all the best players to form the best sports team for our school.

JS: How about the two who are missing?

Teacher: I know what they are capable of, if I don't see someone more skilled than the two of them, I will take them. But if I have the perfect number, they will not be selected.

JN: Isn't it a bit unfair for them. You said it yourself that they have a comeback, they had to skip school for it.

Teacher: Don't worry! I already know what to expect for some of you. I'm only looking forward to you, Jisoo and Jennie, playing. But I can see that some of you worked out, so I can't judge everyone by their past. Are you guys ready?

Students: Yes!

Teacher: Take your team color jersey, and go to the field. We are gonna start the selection.