C. 12

After exchanging a few more kisses, Maya went to her room to get her things and went back to my room to take a shower, while I have already changed and I am already sitting on the bed, in my pajamas. Luckily it's nothing too embarrassing, just a solid color long pajamas, but if I had known that I would have had the chance to sleep with Maya maybe I would have brought something nicer, like a nightgown at least! I quietly scroll through the messages on my phone, after writing happily to my best friend about Maya's surprise and laugh at his scurrilous, but friendly jokes about the night that will wait for us: if only he knew....! While I'm distracted on the phone, Maya comes out of the bathroom wearing a T-shirt and a pair of loose shorts, from a basketball team I think.

C < are you not cold?> I ask immediately and she smiles.

M < I usually sleep even less dressed...> she says and I realize that I swallow in difficulty.

C < good to know that..> I whisper and if Maya hears me, she doesn't say anything.

M < can I sleep this way?> Maya asks and I look at her with confusion. < I mean..without..> she leaves the phrase In half and points to her penis, making me smile, especially when I notice her cheeks turning red.

C < yes, of course, Maya!> it would be crazy if she has to put on her containment panties to sleep with me. She nods and slowly she slips into bed, already under the covers.

C < thank you for today...> I say, breaking the silence. Maya stands on her side to look at me and I do the same.

M < are you still mad?> she asks, going straight to the point. I shake my head, but I decide that for this conversation I will be more than honest.

C < no, I stopped being mad a long time ago. I'm just afraid that this is your way of reacting to problems and that scares me..>

M < you mean run away?> I nod.

C < run away and look for someone else especially..> she shakes her head.

M < I know it's hard to believe me, but I swear that I had no intention of doing anything with anyone..it was stupid, I just wrote a few stupid messages..>

C < sexual messages?> I ask for confirmation and she nods. < but why?> Maya shrugs her shoulders a little in difficulty.

M < because I have always been a pushing and confident person and with you instead I can't stop being afraid..> I nod and I wait for her to speak again. < I wanted to try to show myself that I was still the same as before ..but in this week I understand that in reality the real Maya is only there when I'm with you..and that insecurity and fear maybe depend on how much I think you're important to me..> I remain silent, surprised, by the power of her statements, so honest and direct.

M < is this a explanation that convince you?> she asks after a while, biting her lip while waiting for my answer.

C < it has to convince you. But this is a very deep explanation, you thought so much this week..> I comment. Maya nods, then she turns on her stomach, staring at the ceiling and thus breaking eye contact with me.

M < I went to therapy..> now I'm more surprised. < twice actually..>

C < you mean this week?> Maya nods and I try to extend a hand towards her. Maya immediately grabs my hand and then rests the joined fists of our hands on her belly. I lean a little more towards her and place my head on her shoulder, thus preventing her from feeling my eyes too much on herself.

C < I'm glad you're trying to feel better..>

M < I speak a lot with Andrea..> and she tells me that until now she didn't told too much about us to her best friend, but that after our fight she discussed for a long time with her and she found their conversation useful.