C. 06

This is our third real date, the fourth if we count the night at the Gianicolo, and things could never go better then this. After the dinner, three nights ago, we keep in touch, even if not so often: a few texts during the day and usually a call in the evening or in the night, due to my shifts, and we tell each other about our days.

It seems to me that the relationship with Maya is therefore proceeding in a very relaxed way: during dinner we talked about everything, except about her condition or what had happened between us before. We talked at length about our work, my career above all, the projects that Maya is currently carrying out with her colleagues, sports, cinema, food, places to visit at least once in a lifetime. I waited again for Maya to make another move, because I really want to respect her timing and because deep down I think it is quite clear on my part the interest in her, since I do not hide it from her at all. Considering my future work shifts, Maya decided to invite me to lunch in a beautiful trattoria just outside Rome, which was full even if it is Saturday, and then we returned to the center, spending the afternoon together again, between shops and a delicious tiramisu snack. We continued to talk for a long time, always about many things, this time also telling us something about our friends, about our current weekend habits, about the holidays we have done and those we would like to do. Now we both have a slightly more contextualized picture of each other's lives, also studded with the presence of other people, even if we both do not have a great circle of friendships, rather few rare people that we consider worthy of our trust and friendship. I have many questions to ask her, but I always try to bite my tongue before speaking and wait for her to open up slowly. It is a strategy that seems to work because over time she began to get closer physically to me, while we were walking through the shops before, she sometimes squeezed my side and for a small stretch we walked hand in hand. I stopped to think about how well my fingers intertwined with her and how our grip seemed really indissoluble and I was almost excited. Slowly the physicality then became more intimate, but also more spontaneous: while I was eating tiramisu, for example, I had cocoa powder left at the corner of my mouth and Maya promptly pulled it away with her thumb, staring into my eyes, in a gesture that immediately became involuntarily full of sexual tension. The nice thing, however, is that neither of us feels the need to talk about it for now, rather we try to focus on experiencing emotions and what happens to us.

M < do you have to go?> she asks me while she looks at her watch: I had the day off, because I will have the night shift. I look at her and smile: maybe I should go, but instead I want to stay with her.

C < not yet..> and Maya smiles to me. She takes me by the hand pulling me to walk and I realized that she wants to take me to a place. We get into her car and a short time later, spent in religious silence, we are in MonteMario. I look around and smile, feeling like an incurable romantic.

M < maybe it still takes a little bit for the sunset ..> Maya says looking around. I shrug my shoulders and invite her near a wall to sit on it.

C < what it is it? > I ask her looking at her face: she seems a little agitated and again she has started not looking into my eyes, something that she had hardly begun to do only this afternoon.

M < you should have some questions, I guess..> she says almost in a whisper. It takes me less than a second to figure out what it refers to.

C < yes, I have them, but I can keep them as long as you are ready to talk about it..>

M < I will never be ready ..> I am surprised for a moment, but then I realize that she makes a small smile. < but I think I want to try..>

C < and I'm ready to listen to whatever you want to try to share..> she nods.