CHAPTER 38: A pain always there.

Start from the beginning

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yangcha and Enoria had washed themselves and she had rolled back in the bed without bothering to dress up. As she watched him putting back some clothes, she wondered how she could have even thought she would be capable of letting him go when her whole mind, heart and body wanted him to stay close to her. If her plan was to push him away to assure his protection then she was miserably failing. 

"If you continue looking at me like that, I am gonna have to take off my clothes again," Yangcha said as he was buttoning his shirt. 

"Oh but no one asks you to put them back," she teased with a smile.

"Aren't you going to dress?" he asked. 

It wasn't in her intention. She felt comfortable that way and it didn't miss to make him smile as, everytime she told him she was comfortable, it brought him back to the first time they had been intimated. When she asked for one of the small cakes he had brought back, he refused to let her eat in the bed and she finally stood up, wrapped in the blanket. 

For a moment, he just watched her devour the pastries as if she hadn't eaten for days and he wondered how she actually managed to act as if she was fine when she was obviously fighting against a storm deep inside. "You know that you can talk to me, right?"

"I know," she simply replied as she glanced at him then quickly looked away. 

He discreetly sighed. No matter how hard he was trying to make it easy for her, she didn't want to open up to him. "I can't help you if you refuse my help, Enoria," he told her but he didn't get any reply. She was looking down, probably trying hard to hold back the tears he had seen forming in her eyes. He approached and dropped a kiss on her forehead. "Whenever you will be ready then," he simply said. 

"Thank you," she finally replied as she swallowed back her tears.

"For what?"

"Being you," she replied as she raised her head, looked him in the eye and put a hand on his cheek to gently caress it.

He was about to say something when they were interrupted by knocks on the door.

She sighed. She wasn't in the mood to see someone other than the man who was in front of her. "We don't need anything!" Enoria said for the potential maids on the other side of the door but there was no answer. "If it's you Mugwang then go eat grass!" she said, making Yangcha smile.

"It's Tanya," they heard, coming from the outside.

"Put on some clothes, quickly," Yangcha told Enoria, handing her some clothes as she suddenly seemed lost in her own room, "tell her to wait a moment."

"A moment, Niruha! I am getting dressed!" she said for Tanya to hear.

"The last part was unnecessary!" Yangcha scolded in a murmur as he was tying back his mask on his face. The High Priestess didn't have to know what they had been doing in their room.

"That's because of you!" she defended herself as she finished dressing up, "you are stressing me out by agitating yourself!" she continued, heading for the door.

"Hey Igutu! Lipstick!" he scolded. She put a hand on her lips, confused that she could have forgotten such an important detail. "Are you sure you are thinking straight?" he gently mocked her as he approached her with the small box containing the red tint she used to cover her purple lips.