1.4 - It is my life!

After the doctor had done some test he walked out, saying he will be back soon. I had calmed down since he didn't bring up any of the coma stuff, and Tony really calmed me.

"I need a glass of water, my mouth is so dry" I said and got up from the bed. "I can get it for you" Anthony said but I insisted on going myself. I opened the door but as the door stood opened I saw the doc standing a couple meters away, talking on the phone. I closed the door and only left a small crack in the door so I could see and hear him.

"What are you doing?" Tony asked while sitting in the chair behind me. "Shh" I answered and kept on looking at the doc.

"I know! I will try to keep her here, but be quick, I think she suspects me" the doctor said into the phone.

"I'm sure it's her, she looks the same since she woke from the coma" he continued and I closed the door in shock. I turned around and ran towards Tony "come on! We need to go now!" I said and dragged his arm towards the window.
"Hold on, why?" He asked worried as we stood by the window. "Please just trust me! We are not safe here come on!" I yelled as a voice was heard from the door "what are you doing?" The doc asked and I looked panicked at him. "You better let us walk, or I will call the police!" I yelled. The doc walked slowly towards the bed and laid the files on it. "What are you talking about? Why would you call the police? We are just trying to help you" he says calmly.

"Cut the crap, I heard you on the phone, you are trying to keep me here so someone can come and pick me up, and you better tell me how it is and why!" I yelled. Tony looked all confused and a bit scared.
The doc got quiet and looked extremely nervous, he was very sweaty.
"What? Cat got your tongue? Speak!" I said once again.

"Okay, I'm sorry, I didn't want to alright" the doctor said and looked straight into my eyes.

"Who are they and what do they want with me?"

"I don't know who they are, last time you were here, in the coma, they were the ones paying for your medical expenses, no one really thought much about it, but when you awoke, and then disappeared, they got furious"

"Wait what is going on? What coma?" Tony said but I didn't answer him.

"So why are you holding me here? Just let me go"

"I can't do that, they threatened me, said that if I would loose you again, they would stop fund.."

"Wait what? Fund... what?"

"Stop funding my experience that I have worked with my whole life"

"An experiment? My life is not worth more? I thought they threatened your life?" I said angry

"It is my life! Without it I'm nothing!" The doctor said and sat down on a chair.

"Please, just let me go, you will survive without your experiment, I may not live if I stay here" I said calmed, trying to get some sympathy.

"You don't know that, maybe they only want to ask a few questions" he said with a sad face, but I answered him with an serious expression on my face.

"Alright, you go, I will try to come up with something" the doc said and gave us a smile. I smiled back and then jumped out the window, with Tony right behind me.