0.4 - Job interview

I walked down the dark road, it was a bit cold outside, and by wearing a dress it didn't really get any warmer. Maybe I should have stayed at the expo, I don't have a plan.

I stumbled onto a closed and very torn building, which I could easily break into. It was really big, and creepy, but it would do for one night, or maybe two if that is necessary. I found a couple of sheets that had been used to keep dust from objects, I used one to lay on, one I rolled into a pillow and another to keep me a bit warmer. As I was trying to relax I laid and watched the photo, desperately trying to remember if it really is me in the picture. My eyes got tired and fell asleep with the picture in my hand.

"No!" I scream as the connection disappeared. I saw a woman crying and everyone was sad, so was I.
"We must go and search for him!" The woman says, and I strongly agree.
"Alright, we will set up a search party, and we will find him" a man with a mustache says behind me. Then I turned to the computer, showing the broken connection and whispered to myself "I will find you Steve"

As I awoke I flew up in a flash, my breathing was heavy, it was wired, I did not dream anything scary, it was more like it was exhausting to dream. A thought ran through my head and I looked to my side where the picture was laying. I picked it up and as I thought, the woman who was crying, she was in the picture, and so was the guy with the mustache. Is it possible it was a memory? Or just my imagination from watching the photo all night before falling asleep.

The sun was rising and I was still tired, but it was impossible to fall asleep again on the rock hard ground. I chose to get up, I got dressed with the clothes I had in a plastic bag I got yesterday, then I filled the bag with yesterdays dress. I can't keep this up, maybe I should get a job or something.

I walked down the street, looking for a possible job with my plastic bag in hand. Maybe it is a bit of a stretch, i don't have a resumé, or any work experience as I know. But maybe I will be lucky. After a lot of embarrassing interviews and rejects I finally saw a sign in a window, that said 'help wanted'. I walked in to a small diner with an old rustic style. I noticed a woman standing with an apron writing on a blackboard, so I walked up to her.

"Hello, I saw the sign in the window" I said to her and she pointed me in the direction to a door behind a desk. She explained that that's where her boss sat. With small steps I walked closer to the closed door, and before I knocked on the door I took a deep breath and put a smile on my face.

"Yes?" Someone said from inside of the door which I then slowly opened.

"Hello, I'm here about the sign in your window" he waved me in and pointed at the chair on the other side of the desk from him. I sat down and smiled awkward as he kept on signing some papers. I looked around, although it wasn't so much to look at, it was a very plane room, with a few motivational posters on the wall.

"So, what's you name?" He said as he closed his papers and put them in a drawer.

"Uhm, Liv" I then said and shakes his hand.

"Liv...?" He lingers.

"Yeah, Liv..." I said and tried to come up with an second name as I looked around in the room. "Liv Poster" and smiled.

"Poster? Thats an unusual name"

"Actually not, where I'm from there at least four... Posters" I said nervously and played with my hair.

"Anyway, we are looking for someone who is good with people and can handle stress, you think you are up to it?"

"Yeah! Absolutely, I'm great with stress and people love me!" I said a bit to desperate.

"Sure, we are kinda short staffed so we would like you to start as soon as possible" he said without any facial expression.

"Yes well I could start today if you want"

"That's okay, but how about 9 o'clock tomorrow, Sandra will coach you"

I glowed up and nodded my head. Then I got up to shake his hand so I then could leave. I can't believe I actually got it, maybe I should be suspicious about how fast they accepted me. But honestly I'm just so excited to start working, get to know some people and find my place.

I walked with happy steps out from the café but as i got out on the sidewalk  I saw Anthony walking towards me so I turned around fast, hoping he wouldn't see me and started to walk even faster. I know he was nice and all, but before I start to get close to anyone, I want to figure out me and my history.

As I walked for a while with fast steps I guessed that he would be gone but as someone yelled my name behind me I figured, maybe not.

I turned around and there it was, that perfect smile and gorgeous eyes. I waved carefully at him and stoped walking so he could catch up.