Bones and Blood

You were snapped out of your trance of thoughts and old memories by Dustin's now calmed and quiet voice.

 He turned around to face you, whispering. "Songbird? What the hell does that mean?"

You placed your hands out and raised your eyebrows. "Long story, I'll explain later."

Dustin nodded and flipped to Eddie.

"Eddie," Dustin's shoulders dropped. "We're on your side, okay?"

It didn't look like Eddie believed him. He didn't even move an inch.

"I swear on my mother!" Dustin's tone was now harsh, but comforting. "Right guys? We're on his side?"

You, Max, and Robin all nodded, exchanging glances. 

"Yeah, yeah we swear." You said, looking at Eddie.

Robin chimed in. "On Dustin's mother!"

Steve nodded as much as he could, without getting cut, of course. "Yeah, on Dustin's mother."

There was a long pause, and dread and tension held heavy in the room. Eddie's eyes were locked with Steve's. Any second now, he could easily jam the glass into Steve's throat.

But he didn't.

Eddie let go of Steve and backed off. Everyone must've been holding their breath, because a breath of relief was released from all of you.

Steve grunted and bend over, placing his hands on his knees for support. You and the girls rushed to Steve, but Dustin strayed from the group and made his way over to Eddie.

Once Steve had caught his breath, you threw your hands on his shoulders. "Don't you ever be a stupid shithead again, okay?" You took a deep breath. "You really scared me."

Steve nodded and reached for his throat as he sat down on the bench that lined the perimeter of the boathouse, and Eddie did the same.

Eddie continued to stare into the floor as Dustin crouched down in front of him. "Eddie, we just want to talk."

Eddie didn't answer. He was to scared. His hands shook so much, it was causing the bottle to move. 

You and the girls started to make your way over towards them, since Steve seemed physically okay, for the most part.

Dustin reached for Eddie's hand, but he pulled it back almost immediately.

"We want to know what happened." You crouched next to Dustin, Robin and Max behind you.

Eddie shook his head and sniffled, then faced you. "You won't believe me." 

"Try us." Max said, holding the flashlight over your head.

Eddie hesitated for a moment, then nodded. His voice was shaky. "Yeah, yeah. Well, I had a deal yesterday. After school. Not a regular, just someone who wanted to forget their problems." 

You swallowed the lump of anxiety in your throat. "Who was it?"

Eddie looked at you. His lip began to quiver as soon as you asked. "It was Chrissy Cunningham-"

"No." Your thoughts began to spin as you shook your head.

Dustin turned towards you. "Excuse me?"

 You repeated yourself. "No, Chrissy wouldn't do that." Your voice was now just as shaky as Eddie's. "She tells me everything. She'd tell me if there was something going on!"

Eddie licked his lips and sucked in a breath of air. "Well, I guess she didn't want to tell you about the deal." 

You gulped as your breaths became sharp. You didn't want to cry in front of all of them again.