One question

"We're in the Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County. We don't  have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning. Police have not released the name..."

"Holy shit." Steve and Robin stared at the TV as the news anchor continued to speak.

"...although we are told they're currently in the process of notifying the family." 

You swiftly walked around the counter and took the remote from Robins hands. She glanced at you as you changed the channel and tried to steady your breaths.

Steve turned towards the two of you and placed his hands on his hips. "Someone died? From Hawkins high?" 

Robin snapped her eyes away from you and started messing with her fingernails. "Obviously, did we not watch the same thing?" You placed the remote on the counter and walked over towards the two of them.

"Yeah, yeah we did. But there's only like...two Hawkins High students at the trailer park."

You nodded and crossed your arms over your stomach. "Yeah... that little redheaded girl," you licked your lips as you tried to remember her name, "Max, I think her name is? And, uh... Eddie Munson." 

Steve nodded, but seemed agitated at the mention of Eddie. 

Robins eyes suddenly lit up with curiosity and confusion. "Wait, did they ever say if it was the body of a student who lived the trailer park? Or a student who was found in the trailer park?"

The store went silent for a moment.

You shook your head. You tried to keep your voice from breaking and becoming rasped. "No, they just said the body of a student was found there. So it could've been someone who didn't even live there.

Steve took a deep breath in and crossed his arms. "You know, I wouldn't even be surprised if a student was murdered there. That trailer parks full of sketchy freaks." He paused for a moment before continuing. "I wouldn't even be surprised if Munson killed someone. The guy's insane."

You leaned against the counter and chewed on the inside of your cheek, placing your hands behind you on the edge of the counter.

Robin came over and leaned next to you, resting her hand over yours. You felt something flutter in your stomach as she touched you, but you brushed it off.

"Maybe we shouldn't assume the worst?" Robin sarcastically added. "We don't know what happened. We can't just started going around blaming deaths on people. We should just... I don't know, try to ignore it for now." She swung herself away from the counter and over to the TV, trying to put the movie on. 

Steve stared at her in awe, and placed one hand on his hip, the other moved while he talked. "Ignore it? Someone just died, Robin! You're going to try to just ignore it?" Robin shrugged his comment off and continued working with the movie.

You felt tears pool in your eyes again, but you blinked them away. But a pit remained in your stomach and your voice still shook. "We shouldn't ignore it, we should just be careful and try not to involve ourselves or other people in it." 

"Okay, deal." Steve walked over and leaned on the counter next to you. "So uh, one question. Why'd I have to leave without you this morning?"

You looked over at him "Hm?"

"Nothing, I was sort of excited to drive you here. It makes me feel like you still need me." Steve chuckled at himself and Robin butted in.

"Well, don't worry Stevie, I'll always need you to drive me places." Robin turned around and smiled, before going back to the TV, which wasn't working properly. 

Steve made a face at her. "This TV's a piece of crap, I'll put the movie on later." Robin placed the movie back on the counter and flipped the News channel back on. She went next to Steve and continued to watch the anchor interview the residents of the trailer park.

Steve watched the screen for a second, then turned back to you. "But you never answered my question. Why couldn't I drive you this morning?"