The interrogation (part 2)

Your eyes widened and you gave the cops a concerned look.

"Chrissy...and drugs? No, no, no, no! She'd never mess with that crap!" 

The chief wrote in his notepad again. He twisted his pen between his fingers when he was done writing. "Are you sure? She never mentioned anything about, I don't know... buying drugs? Or drug deals? Did she know any drug dealers?"

Your heart started beating so fast, you felt out of breath. "No! She'd... she'd never do drugs, she's not like that!"

"Drugs can make some people feel relaxed. Was Chrissy under any stress? Was anything going on? Anything she might've wanted to get away from?"

You hesitated. "Well, isn't everyone stressed about something? Chrissy tells me everything, she'd definitely tell me if something was up, she'd definitely  tell me if she was considering drugs." 

You looked down at the table. "Where would she even get drugs? I know some people in Hawkins have used or dealt drugs, but she doesn't..." You paused to correct yourself and your eyes became teary again. "...she didn't even know any of those people." 

Another officer placed his hand on the table and leaned over. "Do you know any of those people?" 

"Well, my old neighbor was a total crackhead, and there's definitely been rumors about people selling drugs." You continued to ramble on, "There's been rumors about one of my..." the two of you weren't exactly friends anymore, so you just told the cops the details, "We were in a band together a few years ago and-"

The chief raised a hand for you to stop. "A band?" The chief turned to the officers and nodded. 

"Would you know Eddie Munson by any chance?"

—————————————————————————

Sorry for the short chapter! I want to start writing more, even if that means shorter chapters. Should I keep writing longer ones that take a while to come out? Or write shorter ones every other day?