Only one thing left to say

I HAVE STARTED IT'S COMPLICATED 2 NOW! 

I huffed as I forced myself further. My body was breaking out in intense sweat; and my muscles were aching. Eventually; I couldn’t do it anymore; and I flopped back down onto the cool grass.

“You’re getting really good!” came an almost identical voice to my own. “That was 500 crunches,”

“Thanks,” I laughed, taking the bottle of water and damp towel from their outstretched hand.

“Don’t push yourself too far though, Jesse,” Jace said, leaning over me as I wiped my brow. “I don’t want to see you get hurt,”

 “That’s nothing you need to worry about,” I laughed.

“But it’s our birthday, so why are you even doing fitness?” He whined. “I thought we were going to do something fun! Today’s our last day together, remember?”

I smiled up at him as I took a sip of water. He was now 100% fully healed and ready to go to the academy next week. And, just like he had promised; he had paid for all my sporting fees, and thanks to that, I was going to be heading south tomorrow for three months to train with an Olympic gold medalist in several athletic sports.

 “We will!” I said, propping myself up onto my elbows. “It’s only 10 in the morning; we still have the rest of the day!”

“Fine, I’ll just wait inside, like a loner, until you’re done,” he said, faking tears.

“You’re more of a girl than I am,” I laughed at him.

“That’s why you did such a good job pretending to be a guy,” Jace said, poking out his tongue at me childishly before he headed back inside.

I dropped back onto the grass; staring up at the blue sky. It had been three weeks since I left the Academy; and by now I was fairly sure the whole school knew what had happened. Hayden and Jeremiah had been keeping in touch with me the whole time, and Kalem had been too (no surprise there).

My mother was still working there as the nurse, despite not having any medical training. But she got paid good money; so she really didn’t care. And, through Jeremiah, I managed to find out that our Biology class managed to all get over 90% on the test. Three guys got 98% who were the highest score in the class, and when Jeremiah asked me what I should do, I told him to say that they didn’t beat my 100% score; so none of them got to go on a date with me.

Needless to say; they weren’t overly impressed. But, Mr. Colten actually did keep his promise, despite knowing I was a girl. Jeremiah sent me pictures of him in a different dress each day for the last week of school. It was so ridiculous, that even thinking about it made me laugh.

Also, last week I was happy to hear that Emily and Hayden had started going out. Thanks to me that is. I went through a lot of work to get those two together over the past week, having to answer hundreds of texts from Hayden and trillions of questions from Emily. But, I managed; and my hard work had finally paid off.

Amare had also somehow managed to get into contact with me. She sent me a letter saying that she still hadn't found someone like me yet, but she was working hard on helping everyone in what would soon be her kingdom. She had even gotten her chef to cook her more european type foods that she had now 'entirely fallen in love with'. 

Despite everything seeming to be going so well, there was one thing that I had been worried about over the past few weeks, and that was Blake. I hadn’t heard from him since I sent him off to the infirmary on my last day. I didn’t know if he knew and was avoiding me, or if he didn’t know or what was going on. But one thing was for sure; I really wanted to see him again.