Photos and Secrets

Somehow, and I don’t know how, I found myself hunched over trying to catch my breath on the top of the school building. I didn’t even know there was access to the top of the school building. Once I had caught my breath, I made my way over to the edge and gaped at the sight before me.

“You can see everything from up here!” I exclaimed.

“It’s great isn’t it?”

I spun around; my heart beating a million miles an hour. I seriously did not expect someone to answer me. I blinked a few times before I realised it was Amare.

“Oh, it’s just you Amare,” I sighed. “I thought you were some sort of psycho killer or something,”

“Sorry that I scared you,” she said, taking a bite of a donut.

“Hey, you’re eating sweets!” I grinned, walking over and dropping down beside her. “Didn’t I tell you that other foods could be great?”

“Yeah, you did,” she said.

I narrowed my eyes at her in suspicion. She was acting strange today.

“What happened?” I asked, causing her to choke.

“N-nothing happened!” she snapped.

“Don’t lie to me… You’re never this nice to people. And why are you hiding up here anyway?” I said.

“I-I’m not hiding, and I’m not lying either!” she huffed, taking a rather large bite of the donut.

“You’re lying,” I said, leaning closer to her. “I can tell,”

“D-don’t come too close!” she said, scooting away.

“Then why don’t you just tell me what’s wrong! I’m meant to be your guard, so shouldn’t I know what’s bothering you?” I huffed.

“You still want to be my body guard?” She asked, sounding surprised. “Last time I spoke to you, you raged at me and left,”

“Yeah, sorry about that,” I laughed nervously. “But you really had to ditch that selfish attitude. I meant what I said about you being the best Queen if you just learned what it was like to live normally. But, seriously, tell me what’s wrong,”

“It’s just… I don’t like it here,” she said softly. “I’m the only girl here, and all the guys stare at me with a strange look on their face,”

“You’re scared,” I said bluntly.

“A Princess is never scared!” she snapped; her cheeks blazing red.

“Calm down Amare,” I sighed. “There’s nothing to worry about; I won’t let anyone touch you, I promise,”

“Really?” She asked and I nodded.

“Sure,” I shrugged. “By the way, what is it you actually came to this school for? I remember you said that you came here for personal reasons. What are they?”

Amare looked up at me and stared for a moment, as though trying to remember why she did come. Then, abruptly, she blushed a major tone of red and looked away.

“N-no reason,” she squeaked.

“Whatever you say Amare,” I laughed, standing up. “Well, I should probably get back to the Dorm and unpack,”

“W-wait,” Amare said. “I-I’ll come with you,”

“Don’t rush yourself,” I grinned. “It’s not a school day; stay up here and enjoy the sweets,”