"Well, I don't think I was close enough to you to invite you to my wedding back then. You weren't even supposed to find out about that contract," He mumbled some incoherent words under his breath as I rolled my eyes at him. There's no helping him.

"Anyways, what was it that you had to say?" I changed the topic as I turned to look at Reid who was patiently waiting for his opportunity to speak.

"You remember who Donovan and Nevaeh Moretti are, right?" He started.

"Of course, I do. They were the biggest, most annoying villains of my life," I spat, a foul taste resting in my mouth at the mere mention of them.

"Yeah, well they're dead,"

And my amazing day came to a sudden squeaking halt with just a few words.

"What!?" I shouted for the second time today, but this time Leandro joined in.

"A robber broke in, and they were caught in the crossfire. Donovan had a clean death, a single stab to the chest, but Nevaeh's one seemed more merciless, she got strangled, and repeatedly stabbed all over the body. It was, without a doubt, a painful death,"

"...You're lying," I muttered as he slowly shook his head.

I fell back on my chair, silently looking at the empty place in front of me as I scanned over his words repeatedly, trying to understand it.

Nevaeh and Donovan were dead. Dead.

Just a few years ago they were obsessed with taking my wife down, and now that we've moved on from them, they're dead? I knew they got off easy with their punishments, since they didn't even get a punishment, but now I hear they're dead?

"So, the Ludovica dukedom is just gone? Just like that?" Leandro was the first to snap out of his shocked daze when he turned to ask Reid. "That family is one of the oldest dukedoms in the world, and they're-"

"-I think you're forgetting about someone," I cut Leandro off as he turned to look at me, confused for a moment before realisation fawned over him.

"You mean to tell me that the grandpa is that obsessed with the family that he's going to try and knock some random-"

"-No, you dumb idiot," Reid slapped him upside the head as I groaned, massaging my temples.

"Nevaeh and Donovan had a kid. What happened to the kid?" I asked as Leandro's mouth fell agape in remembrance, what a twat.

"Not a single scratch on him. It's odd, he's not grieving their deaths in the least, and he even answered all the police's questions without breaking up a single time... But, between the three of us, I found out something rather disturbing that I'm not sure you would want to hear,"

"You have to tell me after hyping it up like that," Leandro complained as I nodded along to his words, and Reid had to take a few moments before he worked up the courage to speak.

"When the bodies were found, they thought he had been a victim too since he'd been lying between the dead carcasses of his parents, but it turns out that he was just sleeping,"

"Sleeping?" I asked as he nodded.

"And after some further research, I found some weird things... Nevaeh's neck had his fingerprints on it as though the boy were the one that strangled her. And, there was only one perfect stab wound on her, done in the same way that it was done on Donovan, the rest of the stab wounds that were inflicted on her looked as though they had been done by someone inexperienced, someone that didn't have steady hands...someone small."

There was a choking, dark silence that hung between us all.

"What?... You're saying the boy killed his parents?" I spoke, voice trembling at the thought.