Chapter 10 (Edited)

Her Guardian Angel

Chapter 10

After they left Hannah's apartment, Journey and Leo headed back to Leo's hotel room. Journey had been silent the whole way there. Leo knew she was letting Hannah’s words roll around in her pretty little head. He knew it was only making her that much more angry at Hannah. He knew she would eventually vent her anger to him. It was only a matter of when.

"Can you believe she had the audacity to say those things to me?" Journey asked as Leo unlocked the door and they walked in.

"Actually, yes it is Hannah after all, but let's not worry about her right now. I am worried about you." Leo replied as he pulled Journey into a hug. He knew she needed to be comforted at the moment.

"Why are you worried about me?" She questioned as she rested her head on his chest. She wanted to say that it’s Hannah he should be worried about, but Journey kept that thought to herself.

"It scares me to think that somehow Josh knew I was out of town, and he took advantage of it." Leo admitted. He had been worried about Journey all night.

"Leo, I'm fine, and I'm pretty sure Sarah had the situation under control." Journey smiled. She loved her best friend and was glad that Sarah was there to stand up for her. Journey knew she could always count on Sarah to never back down.

"Yeah, I know. Remind me to thank her for that later. Let's get to bed because I'm tired, and I know you are too after that long ride up here. Tomorrow you get to meet Shane and Jason." Leo told her placing a kiss on top of her forehead. He couldn’t wait to show Journey off to his friends.

The next morning journey was nervous about meeting Leo’s friends. She knew Shane and Jason were really close friends of his and wanted their approval. Her fears and nerves were calmed as soon as she entered Shan’s apartment. Shane took one look at Journey then slung his arm over her shoulder.

“Damn Leo, when she figures out what a loser you are send her my way.” Shane joked.

“Let’s hope she never figures that out.” Leo chuckled as the two friends did their handshake.

“Wow, you guys know only kids do that right?” Journey laughed.

“No they don’t other guys do it too.” Shane came to their defense.

“So, this must be Journey, the girl we’ve heard so much about? I’m Jason.” He held out his hand and Journey took it in hers.

“Yep that’s me!” Journey smiled. Journey and Leo hung out with Shane and Jason until around one in the afternoon, and then they both had to leave to go to work.

"Well, I guess we can head home." Leo sighed as they walked back into his hotel room.

"You know, I’m glad I got to meet your friends. Journey admitted.

“Me too. Only, now I have to worry about them stealing you.” Leo joked.

“Leo?” An idea had popped in Journey’s head.

“Yeah babe?” Leo answered.

“I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday. Why don't we go visit my mom?" Journey suggested.

"I think that is a great idea." Leo agreed. It was about time Journey decided to visit her mother. Leo knew they had a lot to talk about.

They packed their bags, checked out of the hotel, and headed back to their small hometown called Vincent. Vincent was really a small town. It had one red light, one gas station, and one little grocery store that had been there for years. It was the kind of town where everybody knew each other and word spread quickly. Many of the families in Vincent had lived there for over 20 years. Journey looked out the window and took in what used to be familiar surroundings, but it had been a while since she had been home and nothing was like it used to be.