Chapter 8 (Edited)

Her Guardian Angel

Chapter 8

Over ther next couple of weeks Journey and Leo began to spend more and more time together. They would hang out, go to the movies, or hang out with Sarah and Nick on the weekends. During the week they had lunch together almost every day.

"So I love that you and Leo have been spending a lot of time together, but I miss my BFF." Sarah confessed one morning as they were walking to class.

"Awww! You feel as if I'm neglecting you. I'm sorry." Journey apologized feeling guilty for not spending time with her best friend.

"It's ok, but I am stealing you for lunch today." Sarah informed Journey. Today they were catching up and spending some much needed one on one time together.

"Deal." Journey smiled and headed in the direction of her class.

When Journey got out of her last class before the lunch break, Leo was waiting for her. She greeted him with a huge smile, and he kissed her on the cheek.

"So, where are we eating today?" Leo asked as he slung his arm over Journey's shoulder.

"We aren't going anywhere, Sarah is stealing me from you today. She's feeling a bit neglected." Journey replied.

"That's understandable. I guess you should spend equal amounts of time with both of us." Leo admitted.

"Yeah, I should." Journey agreed.

"So what did Leo say when you told him you were eating lunch with me instead of him?" Sarah asked.

"He understood. Oh, and he told me to tell you he was sorry for taking me away from you." Journey replied.

"Ok, I know I was complaining about how much time you were spending with Leo, but I actually want to talk to you about Leo." Sarah admitted giving Joirney a sheepish look.

"What do you want to know?" Journey asked confused.

"You guys don't act like normal best firends do. I mean I've seen Leo kiss you on the lips. He spends the night with you, and you go on dates. If you ask me I would say you are dating him, but you just haven't made it official." Sarah hoped they would eventually admit their feeling for each other. It was clear they both Journey and Leo were in love with each other. They were just too blind to see it.

"So our friendship has never been normal. We have always kissed, and since when is it wrong for firends to have a sleep over. Our dates as you called them aren't really dates. They're just two firends hanging out." Journey countered trying to defend her friendship and it's abnormal ways.

"First of all, not too many best firends I know kiss, second of all, I don't recall my parents letting my best guy friend spend the night when I was younger, and third of all, you like him you just don't want to admitt it." Sarah argued back.

"Look, I know my friendship with Leo is unusual, but it's how we have always been. We're really close. He has been through so much with me, and the way we act around each other just comes naturally. I have to admitt our friendship has caused Leo to lose a few girlfriends." Journey confessed ashamed.

"What do you mean a few?" Sarah probed. If he's lost a few girlfriends because of their friendship then this was more serious than Sarah originally thought it was.

"Well, because Leo was always around me to protect me he never really had much time to date. When he did get a girlfriend he would try to explain our friendship, but htey never understood." Journey explained.

"Well if I had been one of his girlfriends I wouldn't have understood either." Sarah pointed out honestly.

"I see what you're saying, but I needed Leo. He was my protector and still is. After he left I was so depressed that my doctor put me on anti-depressants. I had been on them every since, well that is until Leo returned. Journey told her.