11

You told me not to think

Ghost slowly started to opened her eyes, she saw the snow and quickly got up. Then her mind went to her daughter and mother, she bit her lip. "They must be a worried wreck." Ghost said. She felt her pocket and saw the figure was still in there.

"Don't worry My Odette, Momma will come home to you." Ghost said. She looked over and saw Maverick. She quickly got untangled from the parachute and approached him. "Maverick?" She said as she lightly shook him.

He opened his eyes and saw Ghost. "Ghost, you alright?" Maverick asked as he sat up and saw he was tangled in the parachute. "Yeah, but I should be asking you." Ghost said as she began to help him get out of the mess he was in. Something felt off with Ghost, she looked over and saw a helicopter in the distance.

"Ghost?" Maverick called out her, She quickly looked back at him, "We need to go Maverick." She said as she tilted her head in the direction she was looking in. His eyes had widen and she got him out of the parachute.He grabbed Ghost and they ran for it as the helicopter began firing. They quickly made it behind the wall and duck. 

Before things escalated any further, the helicopter was blown to shreds by Rooster. Ghost sighed in relief when she saw Rooster's plane. Unfortunately his plane get taken down, Ghost and Maverick saw him heading into the trees which Ghost and Maverick ran for it. Ghost's mind flashed to Odette, back to Payback then to Rooster, she sighed, both Ghost and Maverick tracked him down and thankfully, he gotten out of the crash unscathed. "Oh my goodness." Ghost muttered

Both of them find him cutting away from his parachute. "You alright?" Maverick called out after him and Ghost reached Rooster. "Yeah.." He responded. Then he was shocked and confused when Ghost pushes him into the snow. Maverick was taken back by her actions, "I was... never mind." He mutter at her. Ghost stared frustrated at Rooster.

"What the hell?!?" Rooster yells as he threw his helmet off as Ghost and Maverick threw off theirs. "What are you doing here?" Maverick questioned him. "What am I doing here?" Rooster questions him. "Madeline and I took those missiles, so you can be down here with her and I, You should be back on the carrier by now!" Maverick shouted at him.

"I saved yours and Madeline's life!" Rooster yelled back. "We saved your life, that's the whole point, what the hell were you even thinking?" Maverick questioned him. "You told me not to think!" Rooster yelled back. Ghost kicked the snow, as Rooster rose his hands up at Maverick. "You know... you did tell him that." Ghost said as Maverick looked back at her. "I know." Maverick said. 

"It's good to see you both." Rooster said. "It's good to see you." Maverick said. Ghost pulled out the figure from her pocket, Rooster and Maverick saw. "She gave this to Hondo to give to me before we took off, she most think she's motherless right now." Ghost said as tears were starting to break. Rooster pulled her into a hug. "Is there any particular reason why she gave you that rabbit?" Maverick said. 

She pulled away from her best friend. "I always read her Alice and wonderland every night, she requests it, every...single... night. But Rabbits have luck, so she gave me the white rabbit from Alice and wonderland as a good luck charm." Ghost explained. "That little girl is something... I promise we are going to get home." Maverick said.

"But how?" Ghost questioned. "What's the plan?" Rooster asked. Ghost rose a brow as she put the figure back into her pocket.

...........

They looked ahead at the enemy's air base. Maverick spotted two aircrafts, knowing that he can fly one of them while Ghost could fly the other. Rooster looked over at Maverick "Your not serious?" Rooster had questioned him. Maverick looked over at them both then got up "He's serious." Ghost whispered to Rooster. Rooster looked through the binoculars. "You've gotta be kidding me. An F-14?" Rooster said as he looked ahead. "I shot down three MIGS in one of those." Maverick commented. Ghost bit the inside of her cheek.

"We don't even know if those bag of trash can fly." Rooster stated. Ghost looked at Maverick, Maverick looked at her then at Rooster then back to the planes. "Let's find out." Maverick said as he got up and Ghost followed. "Madeline.... Mav." Rooster called out then he followed them.

The trio had came up to two planes, two F-14s which Ghost had experience with because she took one out on a test run. Ghost checked over everything then looked at Maverick and Rooster. "They'll need gas, don't worry I got the other plane." Ghost said as she looked at the other plane. "Don't worry, got this." Ghost said assuring them both as she went to connect the gas hose to the plane that she was flying. Ghost climbed on board,  her eyes widen looking at the controls.

"Damn I know it's been awhile but this is a fossil compare to what I'm used to" Ghost said looking at the controls. Ghost smiled as she saw the gas levels along with everything else increasing. "Ghost, you sure you can handle flying that?" Maverick asked her. "I think I can manage" Ghost replied with a slight smile which caused them both to smile and nod at her. Ghost sighed and then turned on the personal tracker that was equipped on her flight suit.

Ms. Parker had a hold of her granddaughter, trying to keep her calm. "Sir, we're picking up a signal from Ghost in a F-14?" The communications operator questions which caused Odette to lift her head at the mentioning of her mother's callsign. "Mom." Odette said with excitement. 

Rooster unconnected both of the gas hoses before climb in behind Maverick. "This thing is so old." Rooster said as he looked over everything. Ghost chuckled a bit, "What do you expect buddy, we fly F-18s, this is an F-14"  Ghost said. They pull out and realize the taxi way was shorten due to it being destroy. Ghost looked over at Maverick and nodded. "This is the only way." Ghost said to herself, The wings started to come out. "Um, why are they wings coming out?" Rooster questioned them but both of them stayed silent. "Uh you two, you seem confused, this is a taxi way, which is a very very short runway." Rooster explained. Maverick and Ghost looked at each other, this was blast in the past for Maverick because it feels like the time him and her mother did something like this. Ghost nodded, both of them flipping the engine switch once more.

"We got this.. Odette and mom, I'm coming home." Ghost whispered to herself as she grasped the accelerator tightly before blasting it the full way. "Oh shit!" Rooster yells as they go full speed down the taxiway. They get up in the air, Maverick damaging the landing gear in the process. "Well damn." Ghost said as she got up beside them. Rooster also turned on the tracker on his suit.

"Sir, I've also got Rooster on the radar." communication operator said to Cyclone. "All three of them are alive." Ms. Parker muttered as she looked at Odette who was grinning from ear to ear. Venom was in relief to hear that the three of them were fine. "Permission to assist?" Venom asked. "Permission granted Venom and Hangman." Cyclone replied.

..............