10

No turning back now

Ghost sat in her plane, "Ghost." A voice said which snapped her out of the daze she was in, she looked over to see Hondo. "Hondo, what brings you by?" Ghost questioned. "Odette wanted me to give you this, it's good luck charm." Hondo said as he placed the figure into her hand.

Ghost looked at the figure, It was a Disney figure of white rabbit from Alice and wonderland. Ghost smiled and put the figure into her pocket then looked back at Hondo. "Watch her and my mom." Ghost said. Hondo nodded then step away then went to Maverick.

Ghost pulled the figure back out and looked at it. "I promise.. I'll make it home safe Odette." Ghost said as she closed her hand with the figure in it. She brought the figure up to her mouth, she kissed the figure then put it back in her pocket. She sighed and put her mask on.

..........

"Dagger 1, Up and Ready." Maverick announced.

"Dagger Spare, standing by." Hangman added.

"Dagger 5, up and ready." Ghost called out.

"Dagger 4, up and ready."

"Dagger 3, up and ready."

"Dagger 2, up and ready." Rooster declared.

"Dagger Alternate, standing by." Venom finished. Venom looked over at Hangman then ahead as she watched them take off. "Don't worry Odette, Your mom's got this." Venom said as she sighed.

................

Ghost was trailing behind Maverick with Phoenix and Bob behind her. Rooster, Payback and Fanboy wasn't too far behind them, that was their set order, not letting things change. Ghost took a breathe as her mind went to her daughter. "Please... Please let me get back to my daughter please." Ghost muttered loud enough for everyone to hear. Payback sighed. "Don't worry kid." Maverick muttered

"Alright here we go, remember stay low and don't alert these missiles but be quick and on time. Ghost are you ready?" Maverick asked. "Ready, locked and loaded, Rooster?" Ghost answer. "Ready." Rooster said but not sounding very confident which worried the woman.

Odette watched everything. "By the way sweetheart, your mom got the rabbit, is there any reason for that?" Hondo asked. "Not only it's a book she reads to me, but rabbits have luck." Odette said which caused her grandmother and Hondo to smile at her.

Nerves was getting the best of Rooster as he never caught up with everyone and shot him, Payback and Fanboy very behind schedule. "Rooster, we're one minute behind schedule, we gotta haul ass!" Payback yells into the radio but it doesn't get him to snap out of it. Rooster stays at a steady speed concerning everyone up front. "Come on Rooster." Maverick tries but there isn't no response. By that time, Maverick, Phoenix, Bob and Ghost were coming up on target.

"Target acquired!" Phoenix yells. "I'm locked in!" Ghost replies getting ready. "Firing in 3, 2 ,1!" With that, Ghost accurately drops her bomb into the small opening, sending it into pieces. "Oh my goodness." Ghost muttered loudly. "Great work Ghost, Rooster?" Maverick said still not getting a response from him. Ghost heard him mentioning his dad which caused her heart to drop, she shook her head.

"Rooster, Buddy I love you so does a certain little girl.... but if we are going to make it back to her, MOVE YOUR ASS!" Ghost exclaimed loudly which caused him to snapped out of it and move it up quickly. "Rooster, Status?" Maverick asked. "Almost there Mav, almost there. Fanboy where's my laser?" Rooster replied. Fanboy then began to panic. "Rooster there's something wrong with this laser. Deadeye, Deadeye!" Fanboy yelled out.

"Oh for fuck sakes" Ghost muttered while trying to stay clam.

The three of them flew up and over the mountain. "There's no time, I'm dropping." Rooster stated. Ghost knew something had to be done but she had faith in Rooster. Fanboy and Payback protested but Rooster stated. "There's no time, bombs away." which he hit the target perfectly.

Rooster, Payback and Fanboy made their climb successfully and caught up with everyone else. but still didn't doesn't mean they were out of the woods just yet. Ghost took a moment but that shortly ended when she looked over spotted a black plane tailing her which alarmed her. Her breathe hitch. "INCOMING!" Ghost shouted.

"Get ready!" Maverick yelled, noticing another one that trailed him, after a moment, the bandits cut in between the two of them, scaring everyone. "I don't fucking think so right now!" Ghost yells as she saw one of the bandits trying to cut Rooster off. As they try to fire at him, she pulls upwards, right above the plane, shooting their upcoming missile to bits, the bandit tries the same maneuver with her but misses as she breaks right quickly and the missile hits the mountain.

Ghost panics as the bandit that Maverick was trying to shake notices her. "Ghost!" Payback shouted as he warned her. "Damn!" She shouted. They switch their agenda and things take a turn, As she tried her hardest to fight them off, one of them managed to hit her plane. "No no no." Ghost said, She was trying to stay calm and get her plane steady. "Shit!" Phoenix yelled. Rooster panics but trying to go after her, The bandits began to trail him but he didn't care as Maverick, Phoenix and Payback did their best to fend them off. Ghost's plane can't get under control. "EJECT EJECT GHOST!" Payback shouted at her.

........

Ms. Parker went cold as she heard her daughter scream and called out to Odette before silence filled the radio. Odette's scream out to her mom sound muffled to her but filled the room. "Mrs. Parker." Hondo said as he was trying to get her attention while Coyote took Odette out of the room to calm her down. "Some one get her some water now!" Cyclone yelled during the chaos. 

Payback was in a panic, he knew that Odette was hurting which broke him"Ghost! Shit!" Rooster yelled out. Phoenix had managed to shoot one of the bandits off but one was still trailing Maverick. Phoenix heart had shattered, her mind went to Ghost's mom and Odette. "I didn't see a parachute!" Payback yells as his voice cracked. "I'm going after her!" Rooster ordered but only to be stopped. "Dagger you are not to engage. repeat you are not to engage." Cyclone ordered. 

Hangman sat in the cockpit like he had just seen a ghost. Ghost's scream had frighten everyone, his mind went to Odette. "Permission For Venom and I to assist?" He asked. "Negative, we'll send a search and rescue." Cyclone replied. "Sir, how's Odette and Her mom?" Venom asked. "Odette had to be taken out of the room, her mom is silent mostly in a state of shock, but she's calm." Warlock replied to her. Venom shook her head. "Please let her be ok." Venom muttered as a tear slipped down her cheek.  Then they heard Maverick's plane went down.