5

I was scared

Reuben and Piper pulled into the driveway, the car was here. Piper sighed, "Oh Madeline.." Piper said as a tear slipped down her cheek. Reuben looked over, "She was going to let you know about Odette... on her own terms." Piper said. "I'm not mad about it, I am just surprised." Reuben said, Piper looked over. "I am aggravated at Scorpion for doing that to her, we all saw momma bear come out." Reuben added. 

Piper got out the car while Reuben followed, they entered the house. "Madeline?" Piper called out. Then they heard sobbing which crushed Reuben, Piper looked at Reuben, "Wait here, make yourself comfy, you can turn on the television, I'll go talk to her and calm her down." Piper said as she handed him the remote. "Take your time." He said to her, she nodded and ran into Madeline's room. Reuben saw the photo of Odette that sat on the kitchen counter, he smiled a bit.

 "Madeline?"Piper said as she approached the door. Madeline didn't answer, Piper opened the door slowly. Piper finds Madeline huddled in a corner, her heart broke even more. Madeline looked up and sighed. "I fucking can't believe she did that!" Madeline exclaimed. "Hey, Hey, Hey!" Piper exclaimed as she went over to Madeline and grabbed her hands.

"Just relax, Reuben is in the living room." Piper said and Madeline's eyes widened. "Oh my..." Madeline. "Hey, he's not mad... he's just surprised like everyone else who didn't know." Piper said and Madeline sighed in relief. 

Madeline shook her head, "Well... no more hiding her, but they can meet her when I am ready, same goes to Reuben out there, but that will be sooner then you think." Madeline said. "Cassandra is a bitch." Piper said. Madeline snorted, "You're just realizing this now?" She questioned Piper which caused Piper to giggle silently.

"I should've known this was going to happen." Madeline said. Piper listened to her, Madeline looked at her. "Maybe Reuben and I should talk now, I know he has all kinds of questions and honestly I don't blame him." Madeline said. "Are you sure?" Piper said and Madeline nodded.

"Well while you two go, I am going to go meet up with Rooster." Piper said which caused Madeline to look at her. "There's nothing going on between us." Piper said pointed at her, Madeline snorted. "Yeah yeah, Invite me to the wedding." Madeline said as she stood up.

Her and Piper walked out of the bedroom and into the living room. Reuben made eye contact with Madeline. "You two have fun, Madeline I'll be back later on tonight." Piper said and Madeline nodded at her best friend. Piper left, then Madeline and Reuben made eye contact with each other.

"So.... how about I order some take out and we can talk, I know you certainly have a lot of questions, I'll be happy to answer them." Madeline said and Reuben nodded.

.........

They were watching friends on the television, Reuben looked at Madeline which caused her to look at him. "So.... Odette is her name." Reuben said. Madeline nodded. "I can't remember where I heard it from, I do know it was around the time I was pregnant with her.... it fits her." Madeline explained. "It does, it is a pretty name." Reuben said which caused Madeline to smile at him. "How old is she?" Reuben asked. Madeline's heart fluttered as he asked questions about her daughter. "She's four, also she is great talker and listener, also not to mention you have to watch what you say around her, because she is a mocking bird, she'll repeat, my aunt has to be reminded."  Madeline said and Reuben chuckled. "Ok noted." He said and she smiled at him. Reuben looked at her, he was scared about asking the next question but he asked it anyways.

"So... if I can, where is the father?" Reuben asked. Madeline sighed and looked at him. "Not in the picture, hasn't been her whole life, kinda like my father." Madeline said as she frowned. Reuben sighed. "Oh Madeline..." He said. "It's fine, he's missing out." Madeline said.

"He is a marine, of course when I was pregnant... I found out... well Piper found out he was cheating on me, he knew that she knew, so he confessed to me also admitted he didn't want Odette, so I told him to leave us alone, I did leave an opportunity for him to see her.... he hasn't bother trying. Which led me to have this one rule in dating, you have to love both Odette and I, or we can't work out." Madeline explained. Reuben smiled a bit, he respected Madeline a lot, not only as a woman but as a mother, putting Odette first.

"Well his lost, also your father is missed out as well." Reuben said and Madeline nodded. Madeline looked at the photo of her daughter on the counter then back at Reuben. "Look, I promise you all will meet her soon, I just need to process everything that happened today." Madeline said. "Yeah, I'm sorry that happen, she shouldn't have said anything, like Piper said to everyone, it's your place not hers, it caught us off guard but one thing for sure, we saw how protective you got." Reuben said.

Madeline smiled a bit. "I am, that little girl is my world." Reuben looked at her, "I don't how much you hear of this, just wanted to say, you are good mom, you are going to make her proud, I know you are going to go on this mission." Reuben said and she smiled. "Thank you, that means a lot." She replied and he smiled back at her.

............

Piper came back couple hours later and Reuben left. Madeline and her made eye contact. "You seem happy." Piper said. "First thing, how was it with Rooster?" Madeline asked. "It was well, he did ask about you, of course I told him you were fine and that you were with Reuben." Piper said. Madeline smiled. 

"Everything good? Your being so smiley over there." Piper asked. "It was the way Reuben talked about Odette." Madeline said. Piper looked at her. "I know it's soon... but think I'm falling in love with him." Madeline finished.