14. Sex and Violence

Start from the beginning

"They're lining up the firing squad," Dean told him.

"I'm pleading guilty."

"All right, look, you don't want us to represent you, that's fine. In fact it's probably not a bad idea, between you and me. We just wanna understand what happened, that's all."

"Mr. Benson. Please," Sam and Elena stated.

Mr. Benson looked between them. "What happened was, I killed my wife. You wanna know why? Because she made plans without asking me."

"Now when it happened, how did you feel?" Sam questioned. "Disoriented, out of control?"

"Like something possessed you to do it?" Dean added.

"I knew exactly what I was doing. I was crystal clear," Mr. Benson answered.

"Then why'd you do it?" Dean and Elena asked.

"I don't know. I loved her. We were happy."

Dean placed some papers on the table and tapped them. "Nine G's. That's a hefty bill."

"Where did you get that?"

"Doesn't matter. We have it. See, certain charges, ones you don't want the missus to know... they show up under shady names like 'M & C Entertainment'."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Like dropping plastic at a nudie bar for instance."

"We just wanna know the truth, Mr Benson."

"Her name was Jasmine."

"She was a stripper?" Sam asked.

Dean glanced at his brother. "Dude, her name was Jasmine."

"I didn't mean for it to happen, I don't like to go to strip bars," Mr. Benson said. "My buddy was having a bachelor party, and there she was."

"Jasmine," Sam and Elena said.

"She came right up to me. And... I dunno, she was just... perfect. Everything that I wanted."

"Well you pay enough and anybody will be anything," Dean reasoned.

"It wasn't about the money. It wasn't even about the sex. It was... I dunno. I... I don't know what it was. It's hard to explain."

"And your wife found out?" Sam questioned.

"No, she never had a clue."

Elena frowned. "Then why'd you kill her?"

"For Jasmine. She said we would be together forever. If... if only Vicki was..."

Dean, under his breath, said, "Muertos."

"Afterwards, me and Jasmine were supposed to meet and she never showed. I don't know where she lives, I don't know her last name, I don't even know her real first name! I'm an idiot."

"And you didn't think to tell this to the cops?" Sam asked.

"What for? The stripper didn't do it, I did it. And I know what I deserve. The judge doesn't give me the death sentence, I'll just do it myself."

INT. HOSPITAL OFFICE

A woman sat behind a desk. She tipped some tablets from a bottle into her hand. The name on the office door read Dr. Cara Roberts.

Sam and Elena entered the office as Cara swallowed the tablets and rubbed her temples and they asked, "Rough night?"

Cara glanced at them. "Fun night. Rough morning." Sam and Elena sniggered. "Can I help you two?"