~Niju~

Izuku's POV:

The fall was rough. It wasn't a far drop, fleeing with just a twisted ankle, however it wasn't the best fall I had experienced. As a young teen I used to climb atop buildings or trees, sometimes falling off. They didn't hurt as much as this. Perhaps I was just out of practice. I am not the same rough and tumble child on Uragiri Street anymore, afterall.

I managed to slip through the gate, it was half open and so I crawled under - with difficulty. The streets were quiet at night. One of my favourite perks. I often would sneak out and go for walks at around this time. I could rest assured no one was out - atleast no one who really cared to watch someone's every step.

I crept through the empty streets, coated in the a bleek gray from the moonlight. Books often describe moonlight as an amazing, beautiful, mystical part of scenery that ties everything in. It really doesn't. It was more than out of place here.

Continuing, I walked over to my mother's bakery. I slipped a note under the door and knocked rather loudly before quickly speeding away. Someone would probably notice I had escaped by now.

I quickly found my way to the start of the countryside. The clean, surreal air inviting me in. I looked back at the village. My fond memories would always be bound here. I, however, would not be. Especially now after discovering the dealings I was confound to by a stupid mark.

I had no mark to bind me here now. I was free. He grinned to myself. Suddenly hearing footsteps, I lurched forwards and began running. I jumped over the beginnings of a 'grand wall' the Queen had ordered to be built and, trying not to fall, ran to the beginnings of the forest. I really should have rested up before this.