Chapter 36

Delilah trailed behind the mother daughter duo as they ascended through the house.Truly, she didn't want Daphne to leave. It would be as if a whole was ripped into her.

That was her best friend, who was married. And would be moving on with her life. And Delilah would be left with Anthony which would be fine. But, without Daphne.

"Perhaps I can come with you. I've always wanted to live in a castle." Gregory boasted as he chased the group through the hall.

"If Daphne is going to anyone with her, Gregory, it will be me." Hyacinth proclaimed. Her eyes sparkled, Delilah knew she would be a wonderful suitor some day.

 "The two of you are staying here until your dear sister allows us to visit her." Delilah chuckled looking at the youngest Bridgerton.

Anthony smiled, bringing a hand around Delilah and pulling her closer. "You mean if she allows us a visit. I'm sure you'll enjoy the peace and quiet."

"I am going to miss you terribly." Daphne laughed at the family gathered. She looked over to Delilah and Anthony, her smile widening.

"Even me?" Anthony asked. Daphne nodded with another laugh, "Even you."

Daphne then turned to Eloise. The rest of the family walked down to the carriage. Delilah accompanied them. Soon enough both Daphne and Eloise came down. Delilah knew at that instant that even though they had their own fair share of fights, they were sisters, and they would always forgive each other.

"Write to me as soon as you arrive." Violet waved.

"Of course Mama." Daphne chuckled.

"I want details Daphne." Delilah shouted from her place beside Anthony. The whole group chuckled and Daphne turned with a bright smile.

"Of course Liliah, you'll be the first to come visit!" Daphne called back.

Delilah nodded her head as Daphne's hair tucked into the door of the carriage. She looked at Simon. "Take care of her, Mon. Promise me."

Simon nodded his head. "Of course Lily."

Then they were off. The newlyweds disappeared into their carriage and flew out of the town to their honeymoon. Delilah turned to look at Anthony with a smile. The Bridgerton family slowly piled into the house. Anthony alone with Delilah.

"Let me walk you home?"

"Of course, my lord."

So the two bounded off. Walking in the direction of the Silvester household. It was a beautiful night. The stars were shining and playing in the moonlight. The moon itself protected the town in a soft coat of dark navy. Weaving it's way into windows. 

"What are you thinking about?" Anthony asked.

Delilah turned to face the man accompanying her. And in that moment, everything was perfect. Daphne was happy. Simon was happy. Anthony was happy. She was happy. It was all a fairy tale, and nothing in the world could make any of it go wrong. 

"It's perfect. Everything, is perfect." Delilah whispered. 

Then Anthony kissed her. It wasn't a normal kiss. It was deep, aggressive, passionate. Delilah quickly broke it and led Anthony straight to house. She guided him swiftly through the hallways to her chambers. 

He followed her with a daunting need. Her. Delilah. He needed her. He locked the door and approached her quickly. 

Articles of clothing were quickly removed. His hand slid over her body.

The night became anything but innocent.