𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝

"I am willing to do anything for my Guardian. Even if it means sacrificing myself, or sacrificing others." -Shimmer
__________________

It's now or never but.. At long last, I have finally found my Guardian but out of all places, it just had to be surrounded by Cabal preparing for battle. Even though it was in the middle of the night, their lights lit up the whole area while massive, armored aliens' grunts and roars could be heard coming closer and closer.

I was only able to keep out of sight by hiding in a ditch which, thank the Traveler, my dead Guardian's body was in too

I was only able to keep out of sight by hiding in a ditch which, thank the Traveler, my dead Guardian's body was in too. It was thanks to the Cabals' digging that dug up her body. But if the hoard of interceptors run by again, her skeleton will be lost forever. But at the same time, would we even be able to get out of this situation?? We're surrounded on both sides!

I stared down at my Guardian's shattered skeleton, barely even recognizable. I had felt her immeasurable Light within a mile radius before even stumbling upon her crumbling bones. If the Light was visible, it would've lit up the entire field. It felt ferocious and turbulent, like a volcano preparing to erupt. And yet it felt so familiar, as if my own Light yearned for my soon to be Lightbearer's. And I finally made my decision. Screw it. I just hope she knows how to shoot a gun.

My metal edges spread apart and blue light glows around me as I scanned the tattered, scrambled bones. And in seconds, the bones grew organized while covering in flesh before finally torn clothes formed on her. In a split second the woman sat up swiftly with a loud scream as if waking from a nightmare.

"No! No!! Keep quiet and your head down or you'll-" Before I could even finish my warning, a bullet from a sniper Psion shot right through her skull and she fell dead again. She wasn't even looking at me in the first place, probably didn't even notice me before getting shot. I quickly ducked closer to the ground so that my glowing Ghost shell couldn't be spotted in the darkness. Seriously?!

With an expand of my shell and a pale spherical blue glow, I brought my Guardian back to life once again

With an expand of my shell and a pale spherical blue glow, I brought my Guardian back to life once again. This time she sat back up slowly with a cough and rubbed her head as if she had a headache. "Fucking shit..." She cursed then looked around like she was drunk. "Where hell am I?"